Wireless Forums

Posted Aug 25, 2009
12:16:11 PM
View profile
Calling Another Cell Phone in Europe
My wife and I will be in Europe next month, and each of us will have our cell phone.  If we need to call each other, how must we dial?  Do we need to add the +1, or do we need to add the l;ocal country prefix?
My wife and I will be in Europe next month, and each of us will have our cell phone.  If we need to call each other, how must we dial?  Do we need to add the +1, or do we need to add the l;ocal country prefix?

Calling Another Cell Phone in Europe

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2009 10:06:58 PM
(0)
Guru
No need for anything extra just area code and number, same goes for calling back home in US... Make sure you add international roaming.
No need for anything extra just area code and number, same goes for calling back home in US... Make sure you add international roaming.

Re: Calling Another Cell Phone in Europe

2 of 4 (2,400 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2009 10:31:48 PM
(0)
Contributor

ipk316 wrote:

This response seems to be contrary to what AT&T says about dialing +1 before calling back to the US from another country.  I am in a similar situation with a travel partner who has AT&T wireless service.  Do I understand correctly that all I need to do is dial his area code and then his number with nothing additional required? 

ipk316 wrote:

This response seems to be contrary to what AT&T says about dialing +1 before calling back to the US from another country.  I am in a similar situation with a travel partner who has AT&T wireless service.  Do I understand correctly that all I need to do is dial his area code and then his number with nothing additional required? 

3 of 4 (2,304 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2009 3:39:42 PM
(0)
Guru
If you are in Europe, you need to dial "+1."  If you are in some Caribbean countries (members of the North American Numbering Plan), you can dial just "1."  Rather than engaging in this esoterica, however, it is easier to just dial "+1" when outside the U.S.  It works everywhere (even inside the US).  
If you are in Europe, you need to dial "+1."  If you are in some Caribbean countries (members of the North American Numbering Plan), you can dial just "1."  Rather than engaging in this esoterica, however, it is easier to just dial "+1" when outside the U.S.  It works everywhere (even inside the US).  

4 of 4 (2,276 Views)