Callers get busy signal instead of voicemail greeting!

Contributor

Callers get busy signal instead of voicemail greeting!

Any Help PLEASE!!!!! everyone is telling me my voicemail doesnt work but everything is set up when i check my settings.......???

Message 1 of 6 (21,676 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Callers get busy signal instead of voicemail greeting!

What happens when you call your voicemail?

What happens when you call your own phone number from another phone?

Do you possibly have your phone set to forward calls?

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (21,667 Views)
Contributor

I just switched to Iphone and suddenly my callers are getting busy signal now too.  Is it AT&T or Iphone issue!   Right before this happened, I called and asked AT&T to extend my ringer from 30 to 35seconds.   When I called back to delete the extra length, they said it was never extended.   I might try to shorten the ringer with AT&T customer rep.  Does anyone else know what is going on?

Message 3 of 6 (21,603 Views)
ACE - Expert

I believe IPhone voicemail is different than regular AT&T voicemail. Call customer service from another phone and they can fix your voicemail issue.

My son had the same problem when he first got his IPhone.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (21,592 Views)

epnelson wrote:

I just switched to Iphone and suddenly my callers are getting busy signal now too.  Is it AT&T or Iphone issue!   Right before this happened, I called and asked AT&T to extend my ringer from 30 to 35seconds.   When I called back to delete the extra length, they said it was never extended.   I might try to shorten the ringer with AT&T customer rep.  Does anyone else know what is going on?

Tell customer care to set your no-answer call forwarding to your voicemail deposit number, THEN to change your ringtime. It'll work.

The issue with a busy signal instead of voicemail is a technical support issue. Just say people are being directed to a busy signal when you get to them, and you should hear an "ah, we can fix that for you".

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 6 (21,457 Views)
Former Moderator

Message 6 of 6 (20,762 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.