California Injunction on Galaxy S2??? Is it true?

Tutor

California Injunction on Galaxy S2??? Is it true?

I just went to my local store in California and was told that LA and Nortehrn California will not be getting the S 2 in stores due to the apple vs. samsung injunction. Then I went to my local BestBuy and they put me on a waitlist telling me they will have them. What gives? Anyone know if California will nto be gettign the S 2 this weekend? I've been waiting 3 month, this is killing me. I almost switched to sprint. If it isn't here on Sunday, I swich to sprint on Monday.

Message 1 of 20
Master

Re: California Injunction on Galaxy S2??? Is it true?

They will make up any story to sell you an iphone. If there is such injunction, it will be on the news already.
Message 3 of 20

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 release date please!!!

My Northern California Target store informed me moments ago that they will have the phone on Sunday.

jpjccc wrote:

I just went to my local store in California and was told that LA and Nortehrn California will not be getting the S 2 in stores due to the apple vs. samsung injunction. Then I went to my local BestBuy and they put me on a waitlist telling me they will have them. What gives? Anyone know if California will nto be gettign the S 2 this weekend? I've been waiting 3 month, this is killing me. I almost switched to sprint. If it isn't here on Sunday, I swich to sprint on Monday.

Message 2 of 20
Tutor

That's what i figured. I just don't understand why att's own stores seem out of the loop. Baffling.

Message 4 of 20
Tutor

I just went to an At&t store in Los Angeles, talked with the manager and he told me that the phone will never get to the stores, he got a call today and they told him that the Galaxy S2 will be only available online. He was not sure why, but he said since he started working for At&t this was the first time he saw something like this. He was guessing some sort of injunction from Apple... o.O

Also he told me that the phone will NOT have NFC, even if on the battery is written the phrase "Near Field Communication". I asked if it was dormant and they were planning to activate in the future. He said there are no plans to activate NFC for the Galaxy S2, because it simply doesn't exist in the hardware....

Honestly I am VEEERY confused!!!

Message 5 of 20
Highlighted
Mentor

Message 6 of 20
Tutor

How did you pick it up? its not even on the site...
Message 7 of 20
Mentor

Just went to a AT&T Kiosk before they closed, talking to the guy. and talked him into selling me one.
Message 8 of 20
Tutor

Wow unbelievable... tomorrow i am going to try somewhere else... but they told me that in California stores will not even get it :/
Message 9 of 20

Sammie2980 wrote:
Just went to a AT&T Kiosk before they closed, talking to the guy. and talked him into selling me one.

*gasp* u lucky SOB. and i mean that in the nicest, most envious way possible Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 20
Mentor

Smiley Happy

Yeah I actually just went to see if they had a live demo. They didnt but he said he has them in stock. Asked him about it, and said I would get one right now. He made a call and 15 mins later or so I walked away with my new phone

Message 11 of 20

foxbat121 wrote:
They will make up any story to sell you an iphone. If there is such injunction, it will be on the news already.

http://betanews.com/2011/09/29/t-mobile-joins-verizon-to-block-apples-injunction-against-samsung/

i don't believe everything i hear (or READ) but this seems legit.... doesn't seem like its affecting U.S. (yet : )

BTC

Message 12 of 20
Master

Sammie2980 wrote:

Nah I dont see that being the case...I just picked one up tonight

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t159/Nitty2580/7e40a8c0.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t159/Nitty2580/3cc5d5f8.jpg

Wow, that's beautiful...

Thank you for sharing and taking the time to take and post pictures of your new treasure!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 13 of 20

I live in Modesto, CA. 209 Area Code. The AT&T stores around me have told me that in order to receive my phone, I must order it-- arrival will take 7 to 14 business days.

Radio Shack actually had some, however I would would rather not give up my unlimited data plan in order to get one. Looks like I will be waiting for the HTC Holiday.

Message 14 of 20
Expert

Sad, they're obviously NOT interested in promoting this phone!   Don't blame you about taking a chance losing your Unlimited!

Message 15 of 20
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support