Helpful Links

Calendar Sync Error

Guru

Calendar Sync Error

I've seen weird stuff like that with my iPhone/Outlook (in the fairness of disclosure, I am running Outlook/Office 2003) setup as well, plus other weird stuff like when I notice every once in a while where (recurring) events that I originally configured in either Outlook or on my iPhone as "All Day" events all of a sudden show up as starting at "12 AM" (start/end time options are visible only if the "All Day" option isn't selected).  Now someone may counter that perhaps I or someone else may have inadvertantly changed it without knowing it; that could be possible...if it were one or maybe two events...but in my case I'm talking cyclical events such as holidays and birthdays, and not just one or two events either.  I've even seen cyclical events get shifted not just by hours but by days, so in those cases I'm pretty sure it's not just simply a time zone issue...and I've also seen other weird stuff where generic "New Event" events show up in my calendar on random dates.  Not sure if it's solely an Outlook bug (I'm on the most-current MS Office Service Pack) but in any case, it is annoying to say the least--I have to go through and delete all of the affected events and then create brand new ones.

Message 1 of 3
Professor

Re: Calendar Sync Error

tonester, you should make your own topic - the off by an hour issue is well known and is tied to mismatched timezones.

Your issue is different.

Message 2 of 3
Guru

Re: Calendar Sync Error

johninsj wrote:

tonester, you should make your own topic - the off by an hour issue is well known and is tied to mismatched timezones.

Your issue is different.

Perhaps so, but the title of the (original) thread did state "Calendar Sync Error", so technically I was not out of line to have posted my issue in that thread...or are you implying that the issue I'm having is not (Outlook)-sync related and thus, possibly an iOS-only issue instead?  I mean, even if my issue is different...could it not possibly be considered a "Calendar Sync Error"? I mean, I don't know for a fact that it's not a sync issue, so I'm not sure why you felt that my post didn't belong in that thread?  After all, just look at the title of this thread; note that I did not create the thread--the mods took your "suggestion" by creating a new topic--which in case you hadn't noticed, happens to (also) be titled "Calendar Sync Error"--and moving my post from the original "Calendar Sync Error" thread into it.

To be fair, the title of the thread did state "Calendar Sync Error"--not "Timezone Error" or "Why are my appointments off by one hour?".  I don't have an issue with you telling me that my issue is different...just with your assumption that my post clearly did not belong in that original thread; if you had at least acknowledged that, then your suggestion about my issue belonging in its own topic would have had a bit more credibility; as it is, the only thing your comment tells me is that you were more interested in playing mod police than in trying to be sincerely helpful.  Apparently you had some other agenda in mind with your comment because if you really wanted to be helpful, then you would have at least tried to explain to me as to how/why my issue wouldn't be considered a "Calendar Sync Error" rather than just only suggesting that my issue belonged in its own topic. Or are you trying to tell me that the average person would/should have immediately gleaned from the thread title that the issue was solely about appointments being off by an hour? Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support