Reply
Posted Oct 13, 2011
8:14:40 AM
CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

I ordered the phone at 9am first person in the store October 7th. Wish they would have told me this in the week since I ordered. Every customer service rep has lied to me for a week. Telling me as long as the order was before 5:30 I would get it. And each time I asked if there is a problem with the iPhone 64gb white model. Each time I was lied to. Needless to say there is going to be heck to pay!

I ordered the phone at 9am first person in the store October 7th. Wish they would have told me this in the week since I ordered. Every customer service rep has lied to me for a week. Telling me as long as the order was before 5:30 I would get it. And each time I asked if there is a problem with the iPhone 64gb white model. Each time I was lied to. Needless to say there is going to be heck to pay!

CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

649 views
22 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Post reply
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(22)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 8:41:12 AM
0
(0)
Guru

Rangu Valentine wrote:

I ordered the phone at 9am first person in the store October 7th. Wish they would have told me this in the week since I ordered. Every customer service rep has lied to me for a week. Telling me as long as the order was before 5:30 I would get it. And each time I asked if there is a problem with the iPhone 64gb white model. Each time I was lied to. Needless to say there is going to be heck to pay!


Or possibly they just gave you the most accurate information that they had available to them at the time.  Keep in mind that for something to be a lie not only does the information have to be wrong, the person giving it you you has to have known it was wrong.


Rangu Valentine wrote:

I ordered the phone at 9am first person in the store October 7th. Wish they would have told me this in the week since I ordered. Every customer service rep has lied to me for a week. Telling me as long as the order was before 5:30 I would get it. And each time I asked if there is a problem with the iPhone 64gb white model. Each time I was lied to. Needless to say there is going to be heck to pay!


Or possibly they just gave you the most accurate information that they had available to them at the time.  Keep in mind that for something to be a lie not only does the information have to be wrong, the person giving it you you has to have known it was wrong.

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

2 of 23 (623 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 8:49:44 AM
0
(0)
Teacher

If told what is deemed the "most accurate" information, which then turns out to be completely inaccurate you have been lied to--whether it was known as a lie at the time or not. Portraying anything as truth that is not in fact truth is a lie. The person giving the information represents AT&T and told the original poster something that was untrue. Whether they knew it or not is of no consequence. If, after almost a week, AT&T continued to tell the original poster something that is now revealed to be false, that's plain negligence. Hiding behind the "well we didn't know it wasn't true" claim is both lazy and ignorant.

If told what is deemed the "most accurate" information, which then turns out to be completely inaccurate you have been lied to--whether it was known as a lie at the time or not. Portraying anything as truth that is not in fact truth is a lie. The person giving the information represents AT&T and told the original poster something that was untrue. Whether they knew it or not is of no consequence. If, after almost a week, AT&T continued to tell the original poster something that is now revealed to be false, that's plain negligence. Hiding behind the "well we didn't know it wasn't true" claim is both lazy and ignorant.

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

3 of 23 (601 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 8:59:42 AM
0
(0)
Guru

trav323 wrote:

If told what is deemed the "most accurate" information, which then turns out to be completely inaccurate you have been lied to--whether it was known as a lie at the time or not. Portraying anything as truth that is not in fact truth is a lie. The person giving the information represents AT&T and told the original poster something that was untrue. Whether they knew it or not is of no consequence. If, after almost a week, AT&T continued to tell the original poster something that is now revealed to be false, that's plain negligence. Hiding behind the "well we didn't know it wasn't true" claim is both lazy and ignorant.



No.  A lie is intentionally presenting a falsehood as a truth.  If the best information a CSR has turns out later to have been untrue, they didn't lie by giving you that information.  They honestly gave you the best information they had.  Lying requires intent, not just false information.


trav323 wrote:

If told what is deemed the "most accurate" information, which then turns out to be completely inaccurate you have been lied to--whether it was known as a lie at the time or not. Portraying anything as truth that is not in fact truth is a lie. The person giving the information represents AT&T and told the original poster something that was untrue. Whether they knew it or not is of no consequence. If, after almost a week, AT&T continued to tell the original poster something that is now revealed to be false, that's plain negligence. Hiding behind the "well we didn't know it wasn't true" claim is both lazy and ignorant.



No.  A lie is intentionally presenting a falsehood as a truth.  If the best information a CSR has turns out later to have been untrue, they didn't lie by giving you that information.  They honestly gave you the best information they had.  Lying requires intent, not just false information.

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

4 of 23 (590 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 10:35:23 AM
0
(0)
Teacher

Incorrect again--a lie doesn't require intent--if you ask me for directions somewhere and I just pull directions out of nowhere, present them to you as truth, even though I don't know whether they're accurate or not--I may have given you the best information I had, that doesn't make it accurate. Fabricating something as truth is a form of lying. When someone submits a statement as truth without knowing whether it is true or not, then they are lying.  The CSR is an extension of AT&T, so either AT&T lied through the CSR or the CSR made something up--either way the original poster was lied to when they spoke with them.

Incorrect again--a lie doesn't require intent--if you ask me for directions somewhere and I just pull directions out of nowhere, present them to you as truth, even though I don't know whether they're accurate or not--I may have given you the best information I had, that doesn't make it accurate. Fabricating something as truth is a form of lying. When someone submits a statement as truth without knowing whether it is true or not, then they are lying.  The CSR is an extension of AT&T, so either AT&T lied through the CSR or the CSR made something up--either way the original poster was lied to when they spoke with them.

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

5 of 23 (541 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 10:57:21 AM
0
(0)
Teacher

They are liars. There have been countless reports here on the forum of them giving other peoples tracking numbers just to get them off the phone.

They are liars. There have been countless reports here on the forum of them giving other peoples tracking numbers just to get them off the phone.

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

6 of 23 (519 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 11:08:29 AM
0
(0)
Guru

trav323 wrote:

Incorrect again--a lie doesn't require intent--if you ask me for directions somewhere and I just pull directions out of nowhere, present them to you as truth, even though I don't know whether they're accurate or not--I may have given you the best information I had, that doesn't make it accurate. Fabricating something as truth is a form of lying. When someone submits a statement as truth without knowing whether it is true or not, then they are lying.  The CSR is an extension of AT&T, so either AT&T lied through the CSR or the CSR made something up--either way the original poster was lied to when they spoke with them.


You are again incorrect.  The intent to deceive is the difference between being mistaken and lying.

 

Though I will say if they CSR did just make something up and present that as fact, that would indeed be a lie.  They would intentionally be presenting something that they had no reason to think was true as if it were.  On the other hand if the best information they had was that anyone ordering a phone by X time on Y date would get it by Z day and they relayed that information to customers, even if that information turned out to be false later it still isn't a lie.

 

As an example, John tells James that he will meet him at a specific place at a specific time.  James shows up, but John never does.  If John honestly planned on being there when he told James, even though later something happens to stop him from showing up, he didn't lie to James.  Only if he knew at the time he wasn't going to be there, or knew it was likely that he wouldn't make it but still said that he would, would it be a lie.

 

If the people giving the information to the CSRs knew it wasn't true at the time I'd accept that the OP (and the CSRs that passed on the info) was lied to.  However if the info they had was the best info available at the time, then no, they weren't lied to.  I know people like to play the blame game, and like to pretend that when things they don't like happen that it is someone's fault and even that it was done to them intentionally.  However despite that wish, it is still possible to be honestly mistaken.


trav323 wrote:

Incorrect again--a lie doesn't require intent--if you ask me for directions somewhere and I just pull directions out of nowhere, present them to you as truth, even though I don't know whether they're accurate or not--I may have given you the best information I had, that doesn't make it accurate. Fabricating something as truth is a form of lying. When someone submits a statement as truth without knowing whether it is true or not, then they are lying.  The CSR is an extension of AT&T, so either AT&T lied through the CSR or the CSR made something up--either way the original poster was lied to when they spoke with them.


You are again incorrect.  The intent to deceive is the difference between being mistaken and lying.

 

Though I will say if they CSR did just make something up and present that as fact, that would indeed be a lie.  They would intentionally be presenting something that they had no reason to think was true as if it were.  On the other hand if the best information they had was that anyone ordering a phone by X time on Y date would get it by Z day and they relayed that information to customers, even if that information turned out to be false later it still isn't a lie.

 

As an example, John tells James that he will meet him at a specific place at a specific time.  James shows up, but John never does.  If John honestly planned on being there when he told James, even though later something happens to stop him from showing up, he didn't lie to James.  Only if he knew at the time he wasn't going to be there, or knew it was likely that he wouldn't make it but still said that he would, would it be a lie.

 

If the people giving the information to the CSRs knew it wasn't true at the time I'd accept that the OP (and the CSRs that passed on the info) was lied to.  However if the info they had was the best info available at the time, then no, they weren't lied to.  I know people like to play the blame game, and like to pretend that when things they don't like happen that it is someone's fault and even that it was done to them intentionally.  However despite that wish, it is still possible to be honestly mistaken.

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

7 of 23 (501 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 11:16:56 AM
0
(0)
Teacher

archermoo wrote:

trav323 wrote:

Incorrect again--a lie doesn't require intent--if you ask me for directions somewhere and I just pull directions out of nowhere, present them to you as truth, even though I don't know whether they're accurate or not--I may have given you the best information I had, that doesn't make it accurate. Fabricating something as truth is a form of lying. When someone submits a statement as truth without knowing whether it is true or not, then they are lying.  The CSR is an extension of AT&T, so either AT&T lied through the CSR or the CSR made something up--either way the original poster was lied to when they spoke with them.


You are again incorrect.  The intent to deceive is the difference between being mistaken and lying.

 

Though I will say if they CSR did just make something up and present that as fact, that would indeed be a lie.  They would intentionally be presenting something that they had no reason to think was true as if it were.  On the other hand if the best information they had was that anyone ordering a phone by X time on Y date would get it by Z day and they relayed that information to customers, even if that information turned out to be false later it still isn't a lie.

 

As an example, John tells James that he will meet him at a specific place at a specific time.  James shows up, but John never does.  If John honestly planned on being there when he told James, even though later something happens to stop him from showing up, he didn't lie to James.  Only if he knew at the time he wasn't going to be there, or knew it was likely that he wouldn't make it but still said that he would, would it be a lie.

 

If the people giving the information to the CSRs knew it wasn't true at the time I'd accept that the OP (and the CSRs that passed on the info) was lied to.  However if the info they had was the best info available at the time, then no, they weren't lied to.  I know people like to play the blame game, and like to pretend that when things they don't like happen that it is someone's fault and even that it was done to them intentionally.  However despite that wish, it is still possible to be honestly mistaken.


Look everything you say is moot because the Manager Raul just told me there is no shortage of white 64gb iPhone 4s. So..SOMEONE IS LYING.


archermoo wrote:

trav323 wrote:

Incorrect again--a lie doesn't require intent--if you ask me for directions somewhere and I just pull directions out of nowhere, present them to you as truth, even though I don't know whether they're accurate or not--I may have given you the best information I had, that doesn't make it accurate. Fabricating something as truth is a form of lying. When someone submits a statement as truth without knowing whether it is true or not, then they are lying.  The CSR is an extension of AT&T, so either AT&T lied through the CSR or the CSR made something up--either way the original poster was lied to when they spoke with them.


You are again incorrect.  The intent to deceive is the difference between being mistaken and lying.

 

Though I will say if they CSR did just make something up and present that as fact, that would indeed be a lie.  They would intentionally be presenting something that they had no reason to think was true as if it were.  On the other hand if the best information they had was that anyone ordering a phone by X time on Y date would get it by Z day and they relayed that information to customers, even if that information turned out to be false later it still isn't a lie.

 

As an example, John tells James that he will meet him at a specific place at a specific time.  James shows up, but John never does.  If John honestly planned on being there when he told James, even though later something happens to stop him from showing up, he didn't lie to James.  Only if he knew at the time he wasn't going to be there, or knew it was likely that he wouldn't make it but still said that he would, would it be a lie.

 

If the people giving the information to the CSRs knew it wasn't true at the time I'd accept that the OP (and the CSRs that passed on the info) was lied to.  However if the info they had was the best info available at the time, then no, they weren't lied to.  I know people like to play the blame game, and like to pretend that when things they don't like happen that it is someone's fault and even that it was done to them intentionally.  However despite that wish, it is still possible to be honestly mistaken.


Look everything you say is moot because the Manager Raul just told me there is no shortage of white 64gb iPhone 4s. So..SOMEONE IS LYING.

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

8 of 23 (492 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 11:20:16 AM
0
(0)
Teacher
A "lie" by defintion can mean "an inaccurate or false statement". Sorry, you're stlil wrong...
A "lie" by defintion can mean "an inaccurate or false statement". Sorry, you're stlil wrong...

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

9 of 23 (485 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 11:21:44 AM
0
(0)
Teacher
Edited by ShaunMN on Oct 13, 2011 at 11:23:22 AM

trav323 wrote:
A "lie" by defintion can mean "an inaccurate or false statement". Sorry, you're stlil wrong...

{please keep it courteous}, the common theme for everyone I spoke with was "How can I get this person off my phone" They will say ANYTHING!


trav323 wrote:
A "lie" by defintion can mean "an inaccurate or false statement". Sorry, you're stlil wrong...

{please keep it courteous}, the common theme for everyone I spoke with was "How can I get this person off my phone" They will say ANYTHING!

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

[ Edited ]
10 of 23 (478 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 11:25:38 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

Archer - it's pointless. You are dealing with people who didn't get what they want and are now (to a degree understandably) venting about it. Let them vent.

 

In a few weeks they'll have their phones and you'll never hear from them again.

Archer - it's pointless. You are dealing with people who didn't get what they want and are now (to a degree understandably) venting about it. Let them vent.

 

In a few weeks they'll have their phones and you'll never hear from them again.

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

11 of 23 (292 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 11:32:38 AM
0
(0)
Professor

We will hear from them again.  Every dropped call, every time they have internet problems, don't get an email instantly, drop thier phone in water and expect at&t to give them a new one, and on and on.  They will post and complain about how bad at&t service is and how the guy next to them with a Blackberry (also on at&t) doesn't have problems, but it is still an at&t problem.  They will complain that the time travel app doesn't send them more than 5 years into the future.  They whine a lot.

We will hear from them again.  Every dropped call, every time they have internet problems, don't get an email instantly, drop thier phone in water and expect at&t to give them a new one, and on and on.  They will post and complain about how bad at&t service is and how the guy next to them with a Blackberry (also on at&t) doesn't have problems, but it is still an at&t problem.  They will complain that the time travel app doesn't send them more than 5 years into the future.  They whine a lot.

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

12 of 23 (280 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 11:34:24 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

FredW wrote:

We will hear from them again.  Every dropped call, every time they have internet problems, don't get an email instantly, drop thier phone in water and expect at&t to give them a new one, and on and on.  They will post and complain about how bad at&t service is and how the guy next to them with a Blackberry (also on at&t) doesn't have problems, but it is still an at&t problem.  They will complain that the time travel app doesn't send them more than 5 years into the future.  They whine a lot.


True, but they only do it en masse around launch time. In a few weeks we'll be back to the isolated gripe and moans (at least until the next phone comes out, when it will all start over again ... :smileyhappy:)


FredW wrote:

We will hear from them again.  Every dropped call, every time they have internet problems, don't get an email instantly, drop thier phone in water and expect at&t to give them a new one, and on and on.  They will post and complain about how bad at&t service is and how the guy next to them with a Blackberry (also on at&t) doesn't have problems, but it is still an at&t problem.  They will complain that the time travel app doesn't send them more than 5 years into the future.  They whine a lot.


True, but they only do it en masse around launch time. In a few weeks we'll be back to the isolated gripe and moans (at least until the next phone comes out, when it will all start over again ... :smileyhappy:)

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

13 of 23 (276 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 11:38:54 AM
0
(0)
Teacher

dww0311 wrote:

FredW wrote:

We will hear from them again.  Every dropped call, every time they have internet problems, don't get an email instantly, drop thier phone in water and expect at&t to give them a new one, and on and on.  They will post and complain about how bad at&t service is and how the guy next to them with a Blackberry (also on at&t) doesn't have problems, but it is still an at&t problem.  They will complain that the time travel app doesn't send them more than 5 years into the future.  They whine a lot.


True, but they only do it en masse around launch time. In a few weeks we'll be back to the isolated gripe and moans (at least until the next phone comes out, when it will all start over again ... :smileyhappy:)


This might not surprise you, but I am unable to accept your irrelevant post as a solution.


dww0311 wrote:

FredW wrote:

We will hear from them again.  Every dropped call, every time they have internet problems, don't get an email instantly, drop thier phone in water and expect at&t to give them a new one, and on and on.  They will post and complain about how bad at&t service is and how the guy next to them with a Blackberry (also on at&t) doesn't have problems, but it is still an at&t problem.  They will complain that the time travel app doesn't send them more than 5 years into the future.  They whine a lot.


True, but they only do it en masse around launch time. In a few weeks we'll be back to the isolated gripe and moans (at least until the next phone comes out, when it will all start over again ... :smileyhappy:)


This might not surprise you, but I am unable to accept your irrelevant post as a solution.

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

14 of 23 (270 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 11:42:02 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

Rangu Valentine wrote:

dww0311 wrote:

FredW wrote:

We will hear from them again.  Every dropped call, every time they have internet problems, don't get an email instantly, drop thier phone in water and expect at&t to give them a new one, and on and on.  They will post and complain about how bad at&t service is and how the guy next to them with a Blackberry (also on at&t) doesn't have problems, but it is still an at&t problem.  They will complain that the time travel app doesn't send them more than 5 years into the future.  They whine a lot.


True, but they only do it en masse around launch time. In a few weeks we'll be back to the isolated gripe and moans (at least until the next phone comes out, when it will all start over again ... :smileyhappy:)


This might not surprise you, but I am unable to accept your irrelevant post as a solution.


I would imagine not, considering that it was refering at least in part to you. :smileyhappy:


Rangu Valentine wrote:

dww0311 wrote:

FredW wrote:

We will hear from them again.  Every dropped call, every time they have internet problems, don't get an email instantly, drop thier phone in water and expect at&t to give them a new one, and on and on.  They will post and complain about how bad at&t service is and how the guy next to them with a Blackberry (also on at&t) doesn't have problems, but it is still an at&t problem.  They will complain that the time travel app doesn't send them more than 5 years into the future.  They whine a lot.


True, but they only do it en masse around launch time. In a few weeks we'll be back to the isolated gripe and moans (at least until the next phone comes out, when it will all start over again ... :smileyhappy:)


This might not surprise you, but I am unable to accept your irrelevant post as a solution.


I would imagine not, considering that it was refering at least in part to you. :smileyhappy:

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

15 of 23 (267 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 11:52:21 AM
0
(0)
Guru

dww0311 wrote:

Archer - it's pointless. You are dealing with people who didn't get what they want and are now (to a degree understandably) venting about it. Let them vent.

 

In a few weeks they'll have their phones and you'll never hear from them again.


Yeah, I'd already come to that decision myself. :smileyhappy:


dww0311 wrote:

Archer - it's pointless. You are dealing with people who didn't get what they want and are now (to a degree understandably) venting about it. Let them vent.

 

In a few weeks they'll have their phones and you'll never hear from them again.


Yeah, I'd already come to that decision myself. :smileyhappy:

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

16 of 23 (260 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 12:10:27 PM
0
(0)
Teacher
I actually have no horse in this race. I'm not getting white or 64 GB. I am not getting my iphone tomorrow--however, I was told that when I ordered. I've never expected differently. But, if I was lied to (look up the word, the OP was lied to) I would be upset about it. By archer coming on here sounding smug because the CSR wasn't intentionally doing it so it's not technically a lie--when in fact it is--is just sort of annoying. I'm more venting about that than the phone situation haha.
I actually have no horse in this race. I'm not getting white or 64 GB. I am not getting my iphone tomorrow--however, I was told that when I ordered. I've never expected differently. But, if I was lied to (look up the word, the OP was lied to) I would be upset about it. By archer coming on here sounding smug because the CSR wasn't intentionally doing it so it's not technically a lie--when in fact it is--is just sort of annoying. I'm more venting about that than the phone situation haha.

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

17 of 23 (252 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 12:52:56 PM
0
(0)
Guru

trav323 wrote:
I actually have no horse in this race. I'm not getting white or 64 GB. I am not getting my iphone tomorrow--however, I was told that when I ordered. I've never expected differently. But, if I was lied to (look up the word, the OP was lied to) I would be upset about it. By archer coming on here sounding smug because the CSR wasn't intentionally doing it so it's not technically a lie--when in fact it is--is just sort of annoying. I'm more venting about that than the phone situation haha.

I'm pretty familiar with what the word "lie" means, both in a dictionary sense and a cultural sense, I've been speaking the language for more than 4 decades.  The OP got bad data, no doubt.  But there isn't any need to dress it up as something it isn't.  Sometimes when you get bad information it is just an honest mistake.

 

But hey, I realize that sometimes people feel the need to vent.  So have fun, vent away.

 

Though I am curious how, with nothing other than textual context someone "sounds" smug...


trav323 wrote:
I actually have no horse in this race. I'm not getting white or 64 GB. I am not getting my iphone tomorrow--however, I was told that when I ordered. I've never expected differently. But, if I was lied to (look up the word, the OP was lied to) I would be upset about it. By archer coming on here sounding smug because the CSR wasn't intentionally doing it so it's not technically a lie--when in fact it is--is just sort of annoying. I'm more venting about that than the phone situation haha.

I'm pretty familiar with what the word "lie" means, both in a dictionary sense and a cultural sense, I've been speaking the language for more than 4 decades.  The OP got bad data, no doubt.  But there isn't any need to dress it up as something it isn't.  Sometimes when you get bad information it is just an honest mistake.

 

But hey, I realize that sometimes people feel the need to vent.  So have fun, vent away.

 

Though I am curious how, with nothing other than textual context someone "sounds" smug...

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

18 of 23 (238 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 2:51:09 PM
0
(0)
Moderator

Hello everyone, let's remember to stay on topic and keep it nice. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
posts
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello everyone, let's remember to stay on topic and keep it nice. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
posts
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

19 of 23 (207 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 3:24:28 PM
0
(0)
Guru

Sheesh, you guys are simply arguing semantics at this point.  People should understand that sometimes it's better to say "I don't know" rather than offer any kind of information if you have any doubt as to whether said info is indeed accurate/correct/valid.

Sheesh, you guys are simply arguing semantics at this point.  People should understand that sometimes it's better to say "I don't know" rather than offer any kind of information if you have any doubt as to whether said info is indeed accurate/correct/valid.

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

20 of 23 (199 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 4:48:15 PM
0
(0)
Teacher

I just got my shipping info so he now officially lied. If the white 64gb was in short supply then explain how I am getting it? He basically was trying anything to get me off the phone.

I just got my shipping info so he now officially lied. If the white 64gb was in short supply then explain how I am getting it? He basically was trying anything to get me off the phone.

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

21 of 23 (188 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 7:57:07 PM
0
(0)
Contributor

I was hung up one time, which is shocking and kicked to the start menu when I asked to speak to a supervisor on a second call.  My wife and I have probably spent 20 hours trying to sort this out.  My secretary thought I was yelling at one of my employees yesterday and warned people to not bother me on my call after being hung up on.

 

As someone who runs a facility that has 15 CSR's in the front office, I would immediately write up someone who did this.  If the did it again they would be applying for unemployment.

I was hung up one time, which is shocking and kicked to the start menu when I asked to speak to a supervisor on a second call.  My wife and I have probably spent 20 hours trying to sort this out.  My secretary thought I was yelling at one of my employees yesterday and warned people to not bother me on my call after being hung up on.

 

As someone who runs a facility that has 15 CSR's in the front office, I would immediately write up someone who did this.  If the did it again they would be applying for unemployment.

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

22 of 23 (165 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 8:41:12 AM
0
(0)
Teacher

tonester wrote:

Sheesh, you guys are simply arguing semantics at this point.  People should understand that sometimes it's better to say "I don't know" rather than offer any kind of information if you have any doubt as to whether said info is indeed accurate/correct/valid.


This was my point exactly.


tonester wrote:

Sheesh, you guys are simply arguing semantics at this point.  People should understand that sometimes it's better to say "I don't know" rather than offer any kind of information if you have any doubt as to whether said info is indeed accurate/correct/valid.


This was my point exactly.

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

23 of 23 (131 Views)
Share this post
Share this post