Helpful Links

CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

I ordered the phone at 9am first person in the store October 7th. Wish they would have told me this in the week since I ordered. Every customer service rep has lied to me for a week. Telling me as long as the order was before 5:30 I would get it. And each time I asked if there is a problem with the iPhone 64gb white model. Each time I was lied to. Needless to say there is going to be heck to pay!

Message 1 of 23

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

dww0311 wrote:

Archer - it's pointless. You are dealing with people who didn't get what they want and are now (to a degree understandably) venting about it. Let them vent.

In a few weeks they'll have their phones and you'll never hear from them again.

Yeah, I'd already come to that decision myself. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 23
Teacher

Re: CSR on the phone telling me White 64gb is in short supply sorry please wait 28 days.

I actually have no horse in this race. I'm not getting white or 64 GB. I am not getting my iphone tomorrow--however, I was told that when I ordered. I've never expected differently. But, if I was lied to (look up the word, the OP was lied to) I would be upset about it. By archer coming on here sounding smug because the CSR wasn't intentionally doing it so it's not technically a lie--when in fact it is--is just sort of annoying. I'm more venting about that than the phone situation haha.
Message 17 of 23

trav323 wrote:
I actually have no horse in this race. I'm not getting white or 64 GB. I am not getting my iphone tomorrow--however, I was told that when I ordered. I've never expected differently. But, if I was lied to (look up the word, the OP was lied to) I would be upset about it. By archer coming on here sounding smug because the CSR wasn't intentionally doing it so it's not technically a lie--when in fact it is--is just sort of annoying. I'm more venting about that than the phone situation haha.

I'm pretty familiar with what the word "lie" means, both in a dictionary sense and a cultural sense, I've been speaking the language for more than 4 decades.  The OP got bad data, no doubt.  But there isn't any need to dress it up as something it isn't.  Sometimes when you get bad information it is just an honest mistake.

But hey, I realize that sometimes people feel the need to vent.  So have fun, vent away.

Though I am curious how, with nothing other than textual context someone "sounds" smug...

Message 18 of 23
Former Moderator

Hello everyone, let's remember to stay on topic and keep it nice. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 19 of 23
Guru

Sheesh, you guys are simply arguing semantics at this point.  People should understand that sometimes it's better to say "I don't know" rather than offer any kind of information if you have any doubt as to whether said info is indeed accurate/correct/valid.

Message 20 of 23

I just got my shipping info so he now officially lied. If the white 64gb was in short supply then explain how I am getting it? He basically was trying anything to get me off the phone.

Message 21 of 23
Contributor

I was hung up one time, which is shocking and kicked to the start menu when I asked to speak to a supervisor on a second call.  My wife and I have probably spent 20 hours trying to sort this out.  My secretary thought I was yelling at one of my employees yesterday and warned people to not bother me on my call after being hung up on.

As someone who runs a facility that has 15 CSR's in the front office, I would immediately write up someone who did this.  If the did it again they would be applying for unemployment.

Message 22 of 23
Highlighted
Teacher

tonester wrote:

Sheesh, you guys are simply arguing semantics at this point.  People should understand that sometimes it's better to say "I don't know" rather than offer any kind of information if you have any doubt as to whether said info is indeed accurate/correct/valid.

This was my point exactly.

Message 23 of 23
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support