CSR misquoted my new plan and now won't honor the mistake. What are me options?

Contributor

CSR misquoted my new plan and now won't honor the mistake. What are me options?

Hello,   I've been with AT&T for two years.  I have two Iphones and one regular phone w/ unlimited text.  When my two year contract expired last month, AT&T offered us upgrades on our Iphones at a reduced price, so we accepted with the understanding I could pass my old Iphone 3gs to my daughter for an upgrade.   The CSR discussed this upgrade with my wife and advised her we could upgrade the third, non Iphone, to a 15GB of date plan for $15 more a month (mine and my wife's are grandfathered under the unlimited data plan).  This would raise my bill to just below $200 a month, which was my cut off amount.   However, this week we received a bill indicating that my daughter’s new Iphone went over here 200mb a month limit.  We called and advised the CSR and TWO different supervisors that she should have 15GB’s a month, NOT 200, and that we have an email from the original CSR that upgraded us that indicates we have been upgraded to 15GB for only $15.  Both supervisors have said that we were misinformed and our email was a typo, plus they couldn't even offer that deal if they wanted, because it's not an actual plan.  They have refused to compensate us in any way and say if we want anything more than 200mbs, we’ll need to pay $25 a month for 2GB's of data (which will take me a few dollars OVER $200 a month).  The supervisor said they would take our new Iphones back and let us out of our contract, but that's a major inconvenience too, not to mention, we've already set up our new phones and have purchased three new Otterboxs.   (not to mention, there’s no way I can pry my daughter’s new Iphone away from her now!!) 

So, do you guys have any advice????  It seems to me that since they misquoted the plan, they could at least make it right by giving us the 2GB plan for $15!!  Regardless, I’m looking for some advice from any of you guys that may have experience with AT&T in situations like this. 

Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4 (407 Views)

Re: CSR misquoted my new plan and now won't honor the mistake. What are me options?

There's no way to offer the 2GB plan for 15.00, just like theres no way to offer 15GB for 15.00, those plans do not exist. I understand it's frustrating your were provided misinformation, but at this point the best thing to do is switch to the 2GB for 25.00. The 25.00 is eligible to receive your discount, so depending on what the percentage you discount is, it will lower the 25.00 down a bit. 

Message 2 of 4 (403 Views)
Former Employee

Re: CSR misquoted my new plan and now won't honor the mistake. What are me options?

And if you don't switch today, tomorrow they'll be gone and replaced with new ones where there are 300MB for $20 or 3GB for $30. Rate plans and features are non negotiable, prices are what they are and NO ONE in the entire company can change them for one customer, they're the same for everybody.

Message 3 of 4 (380 Views)

Unfortunately, this is just not gonna happen. As others have stated, there's no such plan. Honest mistakes happen, and AT&T isn't going to manufacture a plan just to cover one. Retail operations all have policies in place regarding this, and if I'm not mistaken a company isn't under an obligation to honor an honest mistake made by one of its employees.

Message 4 of 4 (348 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.