Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 4, 2011
8:02:11 PM
View profile
CSR fixed iPhone 4 MicroCell issue today. iPad users please read!
Edited by eq2675 on Aug 4, 2011 at 8:21:58 PM
I've had my MicroCell for about 1 year and it has worked well until today. All lights are on the MicroCell, but no M-Cell icon on my stock up to date iPhone 4. Called this afternoon after several power downs and even un-registering the cell online.

The CSR found the problem. The IMEI number of my iPad was registered as the IMEI number of my iPhone. 1 of 2 things could have caused this. When first installing the MicroCell I entered the phone numbers of both items.. The iPad is no longer supported on the MicroCell. Also, about 6 months ago I purchased a micro SIMM adapter to see if the iPhone SIMM would work in my iPad, as it has the unlimited data plan.

All is working tonight. Thank you AT&T CSR.

I should also add that I left my MicroCell powered off and unregistered for 5 hours tonight after talking to the CSR. She said the IMEI number had to be hand entered via support and it may take a day or 2 for this to happen. I figured I would just leave it powered down and try later.
I've had my MicroCell for about 1 year and it has worked well until today. All lights are on the MicroCell, but no M-Cell icon on my stock up to date iPhone 4. Called this afternoon after several power downs and even un-registering the cell online.

The CSR found the problem. The IMEI number of my iPad was registered as the IMEI number of my iPhone. 1 of 2 things could have caused this. When first installing the MicroCell I entered the phone numbers of both items.. The iPad is no longer supported on the MicroCell. Also, about 6 months ago I purchased a micro SIMM adapter to see if the iPhone SIMM would work in my iPad, as it has the unlimited data plan.

All is working tonight. Thank you AT&T CSR.

I should also add that I left my MicroCell powered off and unregistered for 5 hours tonight after talking to the CSR. She said the IMEI number had to be hand entered via support and it may take a day or 2 for this to happen. I figured I would just leave it powered down and try later.

CSR fixed iPhone 4 MicroCell issue today. iPad users please read!

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2011 12:42:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

Do you have an iPad wifi +3g or just wifi? I am having problems with my phone connecting to the microcell but I only have the iPad with wifi. AT&T didn't tell me anything about my iPad possibly interfering. 

Do you have an iPad wifi +3g or just wifi? I am having problems with my phone connecting to the microcell but I only have the iPad with wifi. AT&T didn't tell me anything about my iPad possibly interfering. 

Re: CSR fixed iPhone 4 MicroCell issue today. iPad users please read!

2 of 3 (411 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2011 3:21:23 PM
(0)
Guru

He must have the iPad with 3G. iPads with Wifi only don't have SIM cards. His problem was that somehow the network got confused when he stuck his iPhone's SIM card into his iPad for a brief test (or some such).

He must have the iPad with 3G. iPads with Wifi only don't have SIM cards. His problem was that somehow the network got confused when he stuck his iPhone's SIM card into his iPad for a brief test (or some such).

Re: CSR fixed iPhone 4 MicroCell issue today. iPad users please read!

3 of 3 (404 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments