Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 21, 2011
12:57:54 PM
COME ON AT&T.... GET OF THE POT ALREADY!
Edited by Caretaker on Jan 21, 2011 at 1:05:57 PM

{ word filter evasion } .... T-Mobile is the first carrier to get the 2.2 update?!? So we suffer being the early adopters of the Galaxy S line and get { word filter evasion }  on by you guys by not releasing the update?!? How about you don't worry about shutting down half of the OS and loading on all of your resource hogging bloat and just release a clean OS? We're just gonna remove all that junk anyway. And you wonder why AT$T is getting such a bad reputation in the end users eyes? Releasing equipment that doesn't work (testes the Captivate well didn't we) as advertised, refusing to release the updates needed to fix the devices, and how about the "New upcoming 4G which really isn't 4G but wer're gonna call it 4G so we can be like everyone else."

Mod edit: Please do not attempt to evade the word filter and remember to use language appropriate for this forum's format. Thank you.

{ word filter evasion } .... T-Mobile is the first carrier to get the 2.2 update?!? So we suffer being the early adopters of the Galaxy S line and get { word filter evasion }  on by you guys by not releasing the update?!? How about you don't worry about shutting down half of the OS and loading on all of your resource hogging bloat and just release a clean OS? We're just gonna remove all that junk anyway. And you wonder why AT$T is getting such a bad reputation in the end users eyes? Releasing equipment that doesn't work (testes the Captivate well didn't we) as advertised, refusing to release the updates needed to fix the devices, and how about the "New upcoming 4G which really isn't 4G but wer're gonna call it 4G so we can be like everyone else."

Mod edit: Please do not attempt to evade the word filter and remember to use language appropriate for this forum's format. Thank you.

COME ON AT&T.... GET OF THE POT ALREADY!

[ Edited ]
9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2011 2:09:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

My friend at works who sits next to me just got the T-Mobile 2.2 update on his Vibrant as I sit here wondering how I'm going to ditch At$T.

My friend at works who sits next to me just got the T-Mobile 2.2 update on his Vibrant as I sit here wondering how I'm going to ditch At$T.

Re: COME ON AT&T.... GET OF THE POT ALREADY!

2 of 10 (1,497 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2011 2:16:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

But T-Mobile got the Vibrant before AT&T got the Captivate.  So T-Mobile should get Froyo first.  However, there are some bad experiences with the update as it is through Kies Mini, not OTA.  So it may be a blessing in disguise for Captivate owners!

But T-Mobile got the Vibrant before AT&T got the Captivate.  So T-Mobile should get Froyo first.  However, there are some bad experiences with the update as it is through Kies Mini, not OTA.  So it may be a blessing in disguise for Captivate owners!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 10 (1,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2011 2:52:23 PM
(0)
Mentor

Root the phone or buy a Nexus One! Smiley Happy  Froyo is worth the update for sure.. I can understand the dismantlement.  But will the good things like Tethering and WiFi hotspots be "blocked"?  Does AT&T allow you non-Nexus One users to use the Google Navigation for free?

Root the phone or buy a Nexus One! Smiley Happy  Froyo is worth the update for sure.. I can understand the dismantlement.  But will the good things like Tethering and WiFi hotspots be "blocked"?  Does AT&T allow you non-Nexus One users to use the Google Navigation for free?

4 of 10 (1,473 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2011 9:06:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

Agree with the rooting. I've been running 2.2 since the first flash was made available. The funny thing, is that even once the 2.2 update IS released.... I won't be switching to it any time soon anyway. At least not in it's raw format as given to us. I'll wait for a cooked up version without all the bloatware and all the nice modified drivers once the dev's get the source.

Agree with the rooting. I've been running 2.2 since the first flash was made available. The funny thing, is that even once the 2.2 update IS released.... I won't be switching to it any time soon anyway. At least not in it's raw format as given to us. I'll wait for a cooked up version without all the bloatware and all the nice modified drivers once the dev's get the source.

5 of 10 (1,238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2011 9:16:04 AM
(0)
Tutor

and actually 21stNow...

The Captivate was release first on July 18, 2010. The Vibrant wasn't release until 3 days later on the 21st. Somehow, AT$T was able to get the "Galaxy S" line launch.

and actually 21stNow...

The Captivate was release first on July 18, 2010. The Vibrant wasn't release until 3 days later on the 21st. Somehow, AT$T was able to get the "Galaxy S" line launch.

6 of 10 (1,232 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2011 6:49:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

modmyphone wrote:

The Vibrant was released for sale by T-Mobile on 7/15/10 and other retailers on 7/21/10.  But I get your point.  The release dates weren't far enough apart to make a difference in when you should get upgraded.

modmyphone wrote:

The Vibrant was released for sale by T-Mobile on 7/15/10 and other retailers on 7/21/10.  But I get your point.  The release dates weren't far enough apart to make a difference in when you should get upgraded.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 10 (1,148 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2011 7:24:05 PM
(0)
Master

Vibrant was the first Galaxy S release in US (7/15/10) and AT&T was the second one (7/18/10). Sprint and Verizon was much later.

Vibrant was the first Galaxy S release in US (7/15/10) and AT&T was the second one (7/18/10). Sprint and Verizon was much later.

8 of 10 (1,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2011 9:32:22 PM
(0)
Contributor

I will admit I am not so up-to-date on all of this cellular technology, but I do know that I have ATT as my carrier

because I believe in their competence or I would be using another company. I am having all kinds of issues with my 3G phone, some of them are from lack of knowledge and some are from glitches in the service or configuration of the phone. Hopefully ATT will help bring me up to speed, provide the access to the proper config., and get their kinks worked out.

I, unlike some, refuse to insult the integrity of the company that I willingly chose and pay for my communication needs. They do have access to all my social and not so social places. I will not underestimate ATT. In fact they more than likely will make up for any inconvenience that their customers have had to weather. I know they have alot on their plate with technology raising its bar daily as it soars and taking over of and keeping a gigantic corporation on the rise during a monumental and chaotic wordly disaster.

Patience.

I will admit I am not so up-to-date on all of this cellular technology, but I do know that I have ATT as my carrier

because I believe in their competence or I would be using another company. I am having all kinds of issues with my 3G phone, some of them are from lack of knowledge and some are from glitches in the service or configuration of the phone. Hopefully ATT will help bring me up to speed, provide the access to the proper config., and get their kinks worked out.

I, unlike some, refuse to insult the integrity of the company that I willingly chose and pay for my communication needs. They do have access to all my social and not so social places. I will not underestimate ATT. In fact they more than likely will make up for any inconvenience that their customers have had to weather. I know they have alot on their plate with technology raising its bar daily as it soars and taking over of and keeping a gigantic corporation on the rise during a monumental and chaotic wordly disaster.

Patience.

9 of 10 (789 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2011 6:11:44 AM
(0)
Tutor
Legbuh, this is from an att employee on another forum:
AT&T billing wasn't set up to handle 2.2 the way they wanted to.  On the 13th, AT&T is set up to handle it.

What he's saying is att can't charge for tethering right now so they haven't released it.

Dsgines, you are noble but its a waste, at$t does not care about updates just money.
Legbuh, this is from an att employee on another forum:
AT&T billing wasn't set up to handle 2.2 the way they wanted to.  On the 13th, AT&T is set up to handle it.

What he's saying is att can't charge for tethering right now so they haven't released it.

Dsgines, you are noble but its a waste, at$t does not care about updates just money.

10 of 10 (747 Views)