Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 19, 2012
10:44:21 AM
View profile
CHange to a Smart Phone before upgrade time?

I currently have a normal phon (Samsung Evergreen).  It was upgraded last year so is not due yet.  If I wanted to change to a Smart Phone, since that adds a data plan to the account and brings more sales to At&T, can I get a good/special deal on the phone or is it only the outrageous no committment price for the phone?  When I log on that is what I see but I am not going to pay that kind of money $350-400 for a phone that is normally much cheaper.

It seems that since a data plan is added tha they would offer some type of upgrade price.

Thank you,

David

I currently have a normal phon (Samsung Evergreen).  It was upgraded last year so is not due yet.  If I wanted to change to a Smart Phone, since that adds a data plan to the account and brings more sales to At&T, can I get a good/special deal on the phone or is it only the outrageous no committment price for the phone?  When I log on that is what I see but I am not going to pay that kind of money $350-400 for a phone that is normally much cheaper.

It seems that since a data plan is added tha they would offer some type of upgrade price.

Thank you,

David

CHange to a Smart Phone before upgrade time?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2012 12:42:53 PM
(0)
Professor

You have to wait until you're eligible to get the special pricing. You're entitled to an upgrade discount every 18 - 24 months, just like everyone else.

You have to wait until you're eligible to get the special pricing. You're entitled to an upgrade discount every 18 - 24 months, just like everyone else.

Re: CHange to a Smart Phone before upgrade time?

2 of 2 (521 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments