CALL FAILED

Teacher

CALL FAILED

Ok, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. Any attempts at outgoing calls: CALL FAILED. Second attempt, hit or miss. 3rd attempt usually works. Incoming is the same. Somebody calls and no ring... Rolls to voicemail. 2nd attempt usually works.
Message 1 of 52
Teacher

Re: CALL FAILED

I have the same problem.  The first time I attempt to place an outgoing after an idle period, more often than not the first attempt

• fails almost immediately
  • takes several seconds and then fails after timing out
  • takes a really long time to connect -  I could manually dial the phone number on a land line and get connected 3 or 4 times in the time it takes to connect the call through the Microcell.

The second and subsequent calls almost always succeed.

This is a real issue, AT&T, if anyone is listening. 

I just bought an iPhone 4s through AT&T, hoping that the antenna improvements would eliminate the need for the Microcell.   But they haven't.  If I keep having trouble, I'll have to seriously consider returning the AT&T iPhone 4S and switching to Verizon which does work nicely in our house.

Message 46 of 52
Professor

You may want to consider visiting Cisco forums since Cisco is the maker of the Microcell.

Message 47 of 52
Scholar

I suggest all of you with this problem move over to the 19 page thread http://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/Delay-when-placing-calls/td-p/2692837 which has been there for a very long time.  Title is Delay when placing calls.

Nate

Message 48 of 52
Contributor

Up to 7 failed attempts, even with full bars and Microcell. Horrible service!
Message 49 of 52
Highlighted
Contributor

I have full service bars never calls on first dial sometimes on second or third also don't receive calls. I will probably be dumping it soon

Message 50 of 52
Contributor

I'll add my voice. Haven't been able to dial out in eight weeks. Worked fine before that. Chatted with tech help. Restart modem, router, Microcell,, etc. No help.
Message 51 of 52
Contributor

I have been w AT&T when it was Cingular. I have unlimited data. Was going to change to sprint or Verizon Found out you cannot talk on the iPhone (Verizon and sprint) and be on the Internet at same time unless connected to wifi. So that is not unlimited data to me and a huge feature I use to look at a clients website while on the ph with them. HUGE PROBLEM. AT&t ! - dropped calls so bad that my clients ask me to call them when I arrive at a land line! At&t gives me a credit and in exchange I pay for this micro tower What was I thinking? Another piece of equipment to call tech support for. First clue. If I have to use my own wifi to support a tower to "save" my cell that was another mistake. This thing goes in and out. On micro, walk into garage 30 feet away. No micro and call failed in mid sentence. I am actually thinking of going to sprints unlimited data and leaving my iPhone (iPhone is only smart phone that Verizon and sprint do not allow you to talk and use data at same time unless connected to wifi) I too have called AT&T and begged for a solution. Supposedly this micro tower was the answer. AT&T NEEDS TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE BECAUSE IT'S UTTER FAIL TO CLAIM largest coverage when clearly your towers don't work. I am less than 3 blocks from a tower and this is still happening. Micro cell is great "WHEN" it actually works and I am not on ph w tech support trouble shooting it! 3 family members of my family plan expired. Not renewing. I may break my contract! I hate more than anything that at&t acts so clueless and surprised as if it's a first. Do they not read these forums?
Message 52 of 52
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support