CALL FAILED

Teacher

CALL FAILED

Ok, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. Any attempts at outgoing calls: CALL FAILED. Second attempt, hit or miss. 3rd attempt usually works. Incoming is the same. Somebody calls and no ring... Rolls to voicemail. 2nd attempt usually works.
Message 1 of 52 (11,453 Views)
Guru

Re: CALL FAILED

[ Edited ]

Join the club. This is one of several annoyances that we suffer that AT&T refuses to acknowledge.

At this point, the only thing you can do is spread the word far and wide that AT&T is selling a defective product, that they refuse to acknowledge the problems or tell their customers what their plan (if any) is for fixing it. The more people do this, the better:

1. At some point the pressure on AT&T will force them to make some public response.

2. The more people say that it sucks, the more likely potential buyers will be saved from having to deal with this device's problems, at least without hearing what they're getting in for.

Message 2 of 52 (11,368 Views)
Scholar

jmatero wrote:
Ok, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. Any attempts at outgoing calls: CALL FAILED. Second attempt, hit or miss. 3rd attempt usually works. Incoming is the same. Somebody calls and no ring... Rolls to voicemail. 2nd attempt usually works.

Just out of curiosity..... are you on DSL??

Message 3 of 52 (11,354 Views)
Tutor

same problem here in NJ. When on MCell no out going calls possible at all and no incoming calls either.  When someone calls me they get one ring then click click then rapid busy signal does not even go to VM.  All this since Friday AM.  Tech little help.  did all the usual, reboots and reset Iphones even removed then added new numbers still no go.

Message 4 of 52 (11,330 Views)
Contributor

I am experiencing the same problem.

I am in Connecticut. Both iPhone4's in the house are experiencing the same problem: full ATT M-Cell bars but whenever I try to place a call I get "Call Failed". Likewise I am unable to get incoming calls. 

I have charter for my internet (speedtest says 15Mbps down/1Mbps up), I am running my Microcell behind the router. The Microcell has been working very well (I was able to make/receive calls) for about 2 weeks and then stopped letting me place/receive calls. I have tried power cycling my Microcell but this has no effect.

Message 5 of 52 (11,311 Views)
Tutor

What did ATT say.  I am in the exact boat with 2 iphone 4s and 1 samsung. Keep at them.  I have called every day since Friday.

Message 6 of 52 (11,302 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

wpdunn wrote:

What did ATT say.  I am in the exact boat with 2 iphone 4s and 1 samsung. Keep at them.  I have called every day since Friday.

Not much -- they suggested I disconnect and then re-active my Microcell (via the the ATT website) however the back end server that support Microcell activation/disconnect were down (and still are a day later) so ive been unable to test this out. ATT promised a call back when their Microcell activation/disconnect servers were operational.

UPDATE: I was able to disconnect/reactivate my Microcell and I can once again place/receive calls on my iPhone4. At the time of this update Microcell has been reactivated for 15 minutes or so, so I have no idea how long this solution would work. 

The most trouble part is its very difficult to know if you arent receiving calls without knowing someone is trying to call you. If it  does go down again I may not know I am experiencing service interruption until I try to place a call. very disappointing. 

Message 7 of 52 (11,233 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

You are the best!  { Please keep it courteous }    They never suggested what you did and now I am BACK on line.  Thank you.  It has been since last Friday since I had Microcell connection.  Have a Greta day and I hope others can benefit form our messages.

Bill in NJ

Message 8 of 52 (11,211 Views)
Tutor

Same problem here.  Can not call out or recieve call in Boston, MA for the last 2 days.  Trying a cold reboot now.  If that does not work than I will try removing/adding the phone to the Microcell database.

Message 9 of 52 (11,082 Views)
Tutor

Got this from Tech support at ATT.

"The Microcell WebTool has been having intermittent problems since the maintenance update on 10/17. As of 10/18 at 8:00am CDT OLAM/FOAM was back up and running.  However, as with any major IT release, OLAM/FOAM platform can be sometimes unstable.  This is because of the extent that changes can be tested in QA environment to mimic production. There seems to be a current issue with the middleware application performing the MyWireless authentication, causing intermittent issues with FOAM. IT has a Red Hat period to stabilize the applications and it could take up to a week.

Customers might have problems logging into the Microcell WebTool and registering or making changes to an existing Microcell.

Please advise that we have had a software upgrade to the site recently and the issue is being investigated and addressed, we apologize for the temporary inconvenience. If the customer is unable to make changes to their account, please have them wait and try again later.”

Message 10 of 52 (11,035 Views)
Tutor

I just got off the phone with support - who were very polite, honest and helpful

There is indeed a systemwide issue after a software upgrade and they *hope* to get it up and running before the end of the weekend.

In the mean time I'm in a deadzone with no real ATT coverage and no microcell.

When's verizon getting the iPhone.......

Message 11 of 52 (7,628 Views)
Tutor

Hmmmmmmm so I'm not alone. I'm about to return the thing for my money back but guess I could give it till the end of the weekend.
Message 12 of 52 (7,606 Views)
Tutor

welp, still getting call failed and come to think of it no ones called us for a while today either haha..guess it goes back monday Smiley Sad I really liked the idea behind this device but seems to be a waste for me

Message 13 of 52 (7,547 Views)
Contributor

Ha. MicroCell is a joke.  I'm SO glad I didn't pay $ for it.

I called AT&T over the weekend to complain (yet again) about the lousy reception around my apartment.  Not just inside, but outside as well.  I live in a dead zone in the middle of Los Angeles, near a freeway even.  Well I must have said the right things because AT&T finally agreed to send me a MicroCell free of charge.

It arrived today and I promptly set it up.  I'm in a 3-level townhouse.  The MicroCell is down in my garage, it receives GPS signal fine and for Ethernet it's connected to an Airport Express operating in "Bridge Mode" on my wireless network.  Activating the MicroCell went smoothly.

Now, actually taking/placing calls is an entirely different issue.  I'm on iPhone 4 and EVERY call routed throught the MicroCell fails.  Usually after a few minutes connected to the M-Cell the call just cuts out.  The iPhone stops displaying "M-Cell" for a few minutes and then re-connects.  Place, another call, same result.  Consistently.

I'm disappointed, to say the least. It wasn't until I began troubleshooting that I came across all the negative posts on this forum.  What a crock this MicroCell thing is.  I'll say it again, I'm so glad I didn't pay $ for it.

Message 14 of 52 (7,471 Views)
Tutor

My Microcell is back up and running.  ATT had to manually remove my device from their database.  I was able to reactivate it this morning.  Everything is working fine again.

It is so nice to have 5 bars of signal while working in my home office which is in the basement.

Message 15 of 52 (7,429 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.