C905a - phone says camera lense is not open

Contributor

C905a - phone says camera lense is not open

After opening up the camera application, I'm supposed to open the camera lense cover to use the camera. The problem is that that after  I open the lense cover, the phone tells me it's not open. I can't take pictures or video at all. What's the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4 (1,439 Views)
Master

Re: C905a - phone says camera lense is not open

Have you already tried powering the phone off for a couple of minutes, then back on?  Or if that doesn't work, I'd try doing a master reset.  If those things don't resolve it or you continue to have the problem, you may want to consider filing for a warranty replacement.

The number for at&t's warranty department is 1-800-801-1101, or you can visit one of their "Device Support Centers" if there is one nearby.

Device Support Centers

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 4 (1,426 Views)
Mentor

Re: C905a - phone says camera lense is not open

My wife's C905a just started doing this ... it's 2 months past the year warranty.  Mine has been fine, both purchased at the same time.  Odd thing is she hardly ever uses hers and I'd be at a loss without mine.

Bob H

Message 3 of 4 (987 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: C905a - phone says camera lens is not open

I called Sony repair and they want $135 flat rate to send in the camera for repair.

Bob H

Message 4 of 4 (853 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.