C905a and Ford Sync

Contributor

C905a and Ford Sync

How come my C905a worked flawlessly with 2 different cars during test drives, but now displays "In Privacy" during phone calls most of the time?  Also, what is different in W810i to make it "Sync Gold compatible", but C905a is not on the list?

Tired of the run around and finger pointing from Ford and ATT!  Bluetooth compatible should be Bluetooth compatible PERIOD!  Who's to blame on the incompatibility?

What current ATT phones are Ford Sync GOLD?  Any other suggestions with making it work?  I have tried all the tricks that I have found on the Net.  Delete pairing on both, re-pairing, downloaded updates, more re-pairing, etc., etc., etc. Nothing makes them work together all the time.  Strange thing is that in a Ford Fusion, and Mercury Milan (the one that I bought), Sync paired first try with my phone and I used it for an extended period to make and receive phone calls.  

The brief moments that my new Mercury Milan has worked with my C905a have been a promise of a wonderful product.  Very frustrating that I cannot use 3 years of free Sync services with the C905a that I love!

Message 1 of 4
Scholar

Re: C905a and Ford Sync

Seems like you have already proven wherein the problem lies. Phone works with two other cars but not this one. Ford Sync is a Microsoft product it is not? Where there is mediocrity in computing, often micro$oft is close at hand. Don't expect a normal grease monkey to touch this. If dealer does not have or cannot get you competent help, tell them you want to talk with district manager.
Message 2 of 4
Expert

tszefr wrote:
Seems like you have already proven wherein the problem lies. Phone works with two other cars but not this one. Ford Sync is a Microsoft product it is not? Where there is mediocrity in computing, often micro$oft is close at hand. Don't expect a normal grease monkey to touch this. If dealer does not have or cannot get you competent help, tell them you want to talk with district manager.

/rofl a MS hater - sorry but if you would follow technology for cars, the Ford Sync is one of the better technology breakthrough in cars, the only one better is Onstar. Most, if not all Ford and Lincoln dealerships have trained technicians for the sync system, including firmware upgrades and enhancements.

The OP does not indicate that they spoke to the technician concernig the issue, why make the assumption that the issue is in the sync subsystem? Have linked blackberries, iphones, and android based phones to the Sync system.

By the way - the blue tooth technology that is incorporated into the sync system was not written by MS. Contrary to thought - blue tooth is not blue tooth, there are different versions and technologies

http://www.bluetomorrow.com/about-bluetooth-technology/general-bluetooth-information/bluetooth-versi...

not all are compatible

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

I did have the dealer technician look at it.  Told me they have to try to re-connect several times sometimes.  By the way, I bought the car that it connected to (I connected it - very simply - worked the first time) during my solo test drive with my wife.  When I re-set to add my phone book, it did not connect after 10-20 tries with me in the car for about 2 hours!  Upgraded firmware in phone and car.  No go - I am more than a little computer literate, EE, and yes, I do read manuals.  Dealer expert couldn't make it work - told me to talk to ATT.  ATT told me to talk to Ford.  Nice!

I have tried many, many times over the past 3 months of ownership to re-connect.  Connects flawlessly, but still puts phone in "Privacy" so it doesn't work through the radio.  I tried again the other night while waiting to pick up my kid from soccer, and much to my shock - on the 3rd try - it connected and I was actually able to use the phone through Sync (and Sync services!!) for the very first time.  Two days straight, and it is still working! Sync really is a great product when it works!  I'll keep you posted!

What do we have to do to drive bluetooth products to follow same protocol?

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support