C2-01 internet problems

Contributor

C2-01 internet problems

Nokia and ATT are both blaming each other for my internet not working so I wanted to air it out to you and get some Feedback. 

I just bought my non-att nokia C2-01 to replace a N85 which earpiece stopped working (only speakerphone).  When i got the new phone in I swapped the SIM, synced my contacts- ok, checked for software updates-none, checked if i could send and receive text and phone calls- working normally, then I charged my phone.  when my phone was charged I decided to check the OVI store for new ringtones.  The message I got was "unable to connect to service, try again later". I then went into my internet menu and tried to access home page. The message I got was "check homepage Address (i)".  I went to nokia's website and followed their directions of taking the battery out and letting it sit for a few min.  I replaced the battery and the problem still hasn't changed. the next step was to call ATT and see if everything was ok on their end.  A very nice service rep. told me my unlimited data plan was active. I was also told to restart my  phone again- problem still persists.  finally they told me to swap my SIM again to check N85 for internet usage- internet on N85 working normally. they advised me they had registered my phone with IMEI and model # and that it was A problem with the phone. Contacted nokia though their email service, they told me I had a faulty configuration, to get the right configuration from ATT and to reset it though my web settings. attempted to find said 'configurations' but the only similar settings i could find was Packet Data access point for which they were all set to default-  could not figure it out. Tried to find configuration info though ATT and am still having trouble finding the right one for my particular phone.- so confused 

Thank you for reading, 

could anyone tell me what I'm supposed to configure, or what my packet data code is supposed to be? or where I can find the information I actually need?

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: C2-01 internet problems

You can take a look at this post and then manually configure a new access point using these settings.  Then set it as the default access point for the phone to use.  Unfortunately Nokia won't help with carrier settings - they are determined by the carrier.  And at&t has made it incredibly difficult for users to find the required settings information - even for the phone models that at&t actually carries.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Nokia/Settings-For-Nokia-5310/m-p/1780130#M54137

If the C2-01 has a settings wizard and you haven't already done so, I'd try running it first to see if that resolves the issue.  If using the settings wizard is not an option/doesn't work, you'll need to manually access the settings for WAP or internet.  It should be in your settings menu, under connectivity (or something similar - different models have slightly different menu layouts and nomenclature).

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support