Buying iPhone 4s in Store on Friday(the 14th)

Contributor

Buying iPhone 4s in Store on Friday(the 14th)

Hey y'all,

So as you know, preording the new iPhone will have you waiting like 3 weeks to get it. Do you think going to the AT&T store in the morning when it comes out will work? Cause theres no reservation process for doing that, nor reserving anything for the Apple store, so I didn't know if it would be a good idea to go to the store to pick it up. I'm also not sure if the people preording will be allowed 'store pick-up' or whatever. Let me know what you think!

Thank you

-G

Message 1 of 5 (2,209 Views)
Professor

Re: Buying iPhone 4s in Store on Friday(the 14th)

No one knows. There are always lines outside Apple stores with many more people in them than they have phones for sale. AT&T stores may or may not have phones for sale for walkins. You may just have to take a chance.
Message 2 of 5 (2,130 Views)
Scholar

The AT&T near me tried to get me to cancel my Apple order saying they would have 200 phones and would open early. You may want to call around to see what would work best at your location.

Message 3 of 5 (2,122 Views)
Mentor

my store told me all pre-orders from AT&T would be shipped after launch day. They also said they are getting a TON of phones on launch day and said as long as I'm in line before they open (they're opening at 8am as opposed to 10am) that I am guaranteed my phones.

Message 4 of 5 (2,111 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

went to the local coporate store today, i was told they will have a good amount iphone 4S in stock  for this friday. some how i do not bleieve that lol.... they will be open earlier than normal to handle the  Crowd and have the 4S ready for upgrade/sale for new customers.

Message 5 of 5 (2,103 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.