Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 16, 2011
8:45:48 AM
View profile
Bulk Mail (spam) and deleting messages

I have I Phone 3g.  I've never figured out how I can delete a whole batch of messages all at once.  I go through the tedious task of clicking on the little circle beside each and every one and then press delete.  Very time consuming.  Is there a way to just tell it to delete all of them without my having to mark each one for deletion?

I did not start out with this "bulk mail" folder but it appeared over a year ago.  It houses thousands of spam messages.  I never had spam before I got this folder.  Is there any way to set security or something to prevent all this spam and do away with "bulk mail"?  Thank goodness, most of the spam does not appear in my in box on Outlook on my computer.  But this is very time consuming and probably is reason my phone has gotten so slow.

I have I Phone 3g.  I've never figured out how I can delete a whole batch of messages all at once.  I go through the tedious task of clicking on the little circle beside each and every one and then press delete.  Very time consuming.  Is there a way to just tell it to delete all of them without my having to mark each one for deletion?

I did not start out with this "bulk mail" folder but it appeared over a year ago.  It houses thousands of spam messages.  I never had spam before I got this folder.  Is there any way to set security or something to prevent all this spam and do away with "bulk mail"?  Thank goodness, most of the spam does not appear in my in box on Outlook on my computer.  But this is very time consuming and probably is reason my phone has gotten so slow.

Bulk Mail (spam) and deleting messages

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2011 2:30:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

cgwoolf wrote:

What kind of email are you using? IMAP? POP3? Exchange? For anything other than POP3, your phone can store just the most recent X days of email (it's a setting) and you can delete/manage your mailbox on a desktop system far easier - changes will just show up on the phone next time it checks/syncs email.
If you're not POP3, you can turn off syncing the bulk email folder.

cgwoolf wrote:

What kind of email are you using? IMAP? POP3? Exchange? For anything other than POP3, your phone can store just the most recent X days of email (it's a setting) and you can delete/manage your mailbox on a desktop system far easier - changes will just show up on the phone next time it checks/syncs email.
If you're not POP3, you can turn off syncing the bulk email folder.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Bulk Mail (spam) and deleting messages

2 of 2 (944 Views)