Wireless Forums

Posted Mar 7, 2011
4:12:46 AM
View profile
Broken contract, lies and a past due bill, with no one to contact from Afghanistan!

I guess AT&T doesn’t want to get paid, because they’ve made it IMPOSSIBLE for deployed personnel, that they’ve broke contract with, to contact them. So now I have to join a forum. I will not spend $2 per minute to get put on hold, because AT&T can not up hold their contract. So, how do I get an email address of some one that might be able to do their job long enough to help someone serving their country? I’ve been out of the country so long that I do not remember my account number or phone number. This makes it impossible to contact any one in this company. This is an issue I have been trying to resolve for over two years now. I have already had to threaten with legal action to get them to leave my family alone. Once this matter is resolved, I will never use AT&T again. It will be Verizon next time.

I guess AT&T doesn’t want to get paid, because they’ve made it IMPOSSIBLE for deployed personnel, that they’ve broke contract with, to contact them. So now I have to join a forum. I will not spend $2 per minute to get put on hold, because AT&T can not up hold their contract. So, how do I get an email address of some one that might be able to do their job long enough to help someone serving their country? I’ve been out of the country so long that I do not remember my account number or phone number. This makes it impossible to contact any one in this company. This is an issue I have been trying to resolve for over two years now. I have already had to threaten with legal action to get them to leave my family alone. Once this matter is resolved, I will never use AT&T again. It will be Verizon next time.

Broken contract, lies and a past due bill, with no one to contact from Afghanistan!

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2011 5:08:11 AM
(0)
Master

There is no email you can use.  Wouldn't do any good anyways if you can't remember your account information for them to help.  Can't suggest the Online Customer Support Chat feature as you can't log into your online account to get into it (if you could, you would have been able to look at your past bills for your account number).

So your saying that after fighting an issue for 2 years (thats a long to to just now become an issue during a deployment), your family doesn't have any documentation that has the phone number or account number on it handy that they can send you?  Who is handling your bills while your deployed?  Are they or are you trying to do it yourself while deployed?

But it's all moot as we can't really take sides or offer more directed help as you don't specify exactly what the issue was or if we are really hearing the whole story or not.  All we can de is try to get in the right direction.

If it been more than two years you've been having issues you shouldn't be in contract anymore and could have already left, so not sure why your saying you will use Verizon next time.

However back on track...

I believe this is the number you should be using to contact ATT while overseas.  They can call you back at a number you provide to reduce the international charges on your part.

How do I contact AT&T International Wireless Customer Service while traveling abroad?
How do I contact AT&T International Wireless Customer Service while traveling abroad?

They will have to try to use your SSN to look up your information if you cannot remember it.  

There is no email you can use.  Wouldn't do any good anyways if you can't remember your account information for them to help.  Can't suggest the Online Customer Support Chat feature as you can't log into your online account to get into it (if you could, you would have been able to look at your past bills for your account number).

So your saying that after fighting an issue for 2 years (thats a long to to just now become an issue during a deployment), your family doesn't have any documentation that has the phone number or account number on it handy that they can send you?  Who is handling your bills while your deployed?  Are they or are you trying to do it yourself while deployed?

But it's all moot as we can't really take sides or offer more directed help as you don't specify exactly what the issue was or if we are really hearing the whole story or not.  All we can de is try to get in the right direction.

If it been more than two years you've been having issues you shouldn't be in contract anymore and could have already left, so not sure why your saying you will use Verizon next time.

However back on track...

I believe this is the number you should be using to contact ATT while overseas.  They can call you back at a number you provide to reduce the international charges on your part.

They will have to try to use your SSN to look up your information if you cannot remember it.  

Re: Broken contract, lies and a past due bill, with no one to contact from Afghanistan!

2 of 3 (529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2011 6:33:26 AM
(0)
Employee

it sounds like he might be dealind with collection calls to his family. OP, if that's the case, than you'll need to find your account number and call them (collections) , AT&T is pretty much out of the loop at this point. 

it sounds like he might be dealind with collection calls to his family. OP, if that's the case, than you'll need to find your account number and call them (collections) , AT&T is pretty much out of the loop at this point. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Broken contract, lies and a past due bill, with no one to contact from Afghanistan!

3 of 3 (510 Views)