Broken Iphone 4, plan change questions.

Contributor

Broken Iphone 4, plan change questions.

I have a broken iPhone 4 and would like to swap my SIM card over to another phone I already have(Blackberry 8900) will it cost me anything to do the switch, will I need to change my plan, and will I have to pay an ETF?

Thanks for all answers!!!

Message 1 of 6 (933 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Broken Iphone 4, plan change questions.

no, no, and no.

You will need either a microsim adapter or you'll need to swing by an AT&T store to exchange your sim for a full sized one, of the BB doen't use microsims.

it should cost no more than $200 to get your iPhone4 fixed at the apple store. It sure costs nothing to have them look at it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (931 Views)
Contributor

I was aware of the microSIM adapter I needed. Im not wanting to to fix my iPhone already tried that route and at this point I'm sick of the iPhone.

Message 3 of 6 (928 Views)
ACE - Professor

Ok, then you should be all set.

If you don't need a data plan, you can drop it, or change it. You only need to maintain your voice service for the duration of the contract to avoid an ETF.

Even broken, your iPhone4 is worth a couple hundred dollars on ebay. Or, if you spend $200 to get it swapped for a refurb, you can easily sell it for $450 on ebay.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=iphone+4

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (925 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Keep in mind that you will need to contact ATT to have them change your data plans around.  They will probably also give you a new SIM so you do not need to deal with an adaptor.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 5 of 6 (902 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

johninsj wrote:

Ok, then you should be all set.

If you don't need a data plan, you can drop it, or change it. You only need to maintain your voice service for the duration of the contract to avoid an ETF.

Even broken, your iPhone4 is worth a couple hundred dollars on ebay. Or, if you spend $200 to get it swapped for a refurb, you can easily sell it for $450 on ebay.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=iphone+4

Appears he is changing to a blackberry he already has, so the data plan is still required

Message 6 of 6 (894 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.