Broke my phone's screen, how do I transfer service to my old iphone until i can get it fixed?

Contributor

Broke my phone's screen, how do I transfer service to my old iphone until i can get it fixed?

Title says it all. How do i transfer service from my broken iphone to my old iphone?

Also, just the glass on the phone is broken. Does anyone have an y suggestions on how to replace it? I'm not too keen on the idea of having to pay the $199 insurance amount for just some broken glass. Can I go to an apple store and have it replaced? Can I just buy the kit and do it myself? Are there detailed instructions anyone can throw me if you do recommend I just replace it myself? Any help would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 7 (3,207 Views)
Master

Re: Broke my phone's screen, how do I transfer service to my old iphone until i can get it fixed?

raychol wrote:

Title says it all. How do i transfer service from my broken iphone to my old iphone?

Also, just the glass on the phone is broken. Does anyone have an y suggestions on how to replace it? I'm not too keen on the idea of having to pay the $199 insurance amount for just some broken glass. Can I go to an apple store and have it replaced? Can I just buy the kit and do it myself? Are there detailed instructions anyone can throw me if you do recommend I just replace it myself? Any help would be appreciated. 

Not sure what your old phone is as you have to probably get a new SIM that is not a micro sim to work with your old phone and you would need to mess with your data plan.....

Go to www.apple.com/retail and make an appointment with your local Apple store genius bar and check out your options.  if you replace the screen your self you could void the rest of any other warranties that might still be on your phone. Run through the options with them.  You can also check out www.ifixit.com if you really want to change this out yourself.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 7 (3,202 Views)
Contributor

Re: Broke my phone's screen, how do I transfer service to my old iphone until i can get it fixed?

[ Edited ]

Not sure what your old phone is

it's a 3gs. Isnt there some way I could transfer service from the 4s to a 3gs just for the time being?

Message 3 of 7 (3,200 Views)
Master

Yes you can but you will need a new SIM.  Go to an ATT store or an Apple store to get a new SIM and they can help you activate the new SIM in your old phone.  It should not cost your anything.

iPhone 4 and 4s use a micro sim and the 3GS uses a regular sim.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Message 4 of 7 (3,187 Views)
Contributor

Well that's inconvenient. Thanks for the info, though.
Message 5 of 7 (3,185 Views)
Master

raychol wrote:
Well that's inconvenient. Thanks for the info, though.

Good luck!  If you decide to go to the Apple store, make an appointment so you are not waiting around for a while.  www.apple.com/retail

Message 6 of 7 (3,183 Views)
Professor

You could order a SIM card adapter from Amazon and use the same micro-SIM card that you have now.
Message 7 of 7 (3,132 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.