Helpful Links

Brit using an iPhone in Florida

Contributor

Brit using an iPhone in Florida

Is this possible?

If I bring my UK iPhone can I just pop an AT&T SIM into it and use it for making calls to family in the USA?

Also can I get a data plan?

Only need the plan for 30 days.

Is any of this possible?

Message 1 of 6
Scholar

Re: Brit using an iPhone in Florida

If your iPhone is factory unlike it's possible,
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

The iPhone is unlocked.

So, I could walk into an AT&T store and buy a SIM over the counter. Remember I have a British address, would that be a problem?

Do AT&T do a one month plan with minutes, texts and data?

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

garethslee wrote:

The iPhone is unlocked.

So, I could walk into an AT&T store and buy a SIM over the counter. Remember I have a British address, would that be a problem?

Well, you can't just buy a SIM, you would have to start new service. Since you are bringing your own device, they should be willing to start you on a month to month agreement (i.e. no 2 year contract) which you could then cancel after the one month. However, I suggest you post this question on ATT's facebook page. ATT reps do monitor that page and someone from customer care will contact you and let you know for sure.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Scholar

garethslee wrote:

The iPhone is unlocked.

I'd have to agree with sandblaster on this one, you can't just walk in the att store and just get a sim card,you could probably do a monthly plan without the contract but I would not know how that works. So best to go on FB and talk to them or call AT&T and see what they say.

if I were you just buy a cheap phone with a pre-paid card at att store or any store that sells a cheap phone for att.

oh as for my first post here, i meant to say factory unlock, not unlike. I think my iphone mis typed that with autocorrection (probably to mispelling).

Message 5 of 6
Teacher

you can go to an att COR store and start new service with your own device and you will be on a month to month plan and will not have an ETF so you can stop att service at anytime

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support