Helpful Links

Brit using an iPhone in Florida

Contributor

Brit using an iPhone in Florida

Is this possible?

If I bring my UK iPhone can I just pop an AT&T SIM into it and use it for making calls to family in the USA?

Also can I get a data plan?

Only need the plan for 30 days.

Is any of this possible?

Message 1 of 6
Scholar

Re: Brit using an iPhone in Florida

If your iPhone is factory unlike it's possible,
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

The iPhone is unlocked.

So, I could walk into an AT&T store and buy a SIM over the counter. Remember I have a British address, would that be a problem?

Do AT&T do a one month plan with minutes, texts and data?

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

garethslee wrote:

The iPhone is unlocked.

So, I could walk into an AT&T store and buy a SIM over the counter. Remember I have a British address, would that be a problem?

Well, you can't just buy a SIM, you would have to start new service. Since you are bringing your own device, they should be willing to start you on a month to month agreement (i.e. no 2 year contract) which you could then cancel after the one month. However, I suggest you post this question on ATT's facebook page. ATT reps do monitor that page and someone from customer care will contact you and let you know for sure.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Scholar

garethslee wrote:

The iPhone is unlocked.

I'd have to agree with sandblaster on this one, you can't just walk in the att store and just get a sim card,you could probably do a monthly plan without the contract but I would not know how that works. So best to go on FB and talk to them or call AT&T and see what they say.

if I were you just buy a cheap phone with a pre-paid card at att store or any store that sells a cheap phone for att.

oh as for my first post here, i meant to say factory unlock, not unlike. I think my iphone mis typed that with autocorrection (probably to mispelling).

Message 5 of 6
Teacher

you can go to an att COR store and start new service with your own device and you will be on a month to month plan and will not have an ETF so you can stop att service at anytime

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support