Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Sep 22, 2010
8:37:51 PM
View profile
Breaking off for my own contract

I am on my parents wireless plan and I want to break off and get my own plan.  I am also thinking of getting a different phone.  My question is, if I break off into my own contract do I get the discount if I choose to get a new phone?  Also, do I have to pay a terminating contract fee to get out of my parents plan and start my own?

I am on my parents wireless plan and I want to break off and get my own plan.  I am also thinking of getting a different phone.  My question is, if I break off into my own contract do I get the discount if I choose to get a new phone?  Also, do I have to pay a terminating contract fee to get out of my parents plan and start my own?

Breaking off for my own contract

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2010 8:58:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

When you break out on your own, your contract goes with you. If you are currently upgrade eligible, you can upgrade at any time. If you are not upgrade eligible, then you will still have to wait. As the contract is not cancelled, there is no ETF.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

When you break out on your own, your contract goes with you. If you are currently upgrade eligible, you can upgrade at any time. If you are not upgrade eligible, then you will still have to wait. As the contract is not cancelled, there is no ETF.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Breaking off for my own contract

2 of 3 (426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2010 10:07:50 AM
(0)
Master

In addition to the above, be aware that breaking off the Family Plan to an individual contract may require a deposit, based on your credit check to start service in your own name.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

In addition to the above, be aware that breaking off the Family Plan to an individual contract may require a deposit, based on your credit check to start service in your own name.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Re: Breaking off for my own contract

3 of 3 (408 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments