Breaking contract and getting iPhones unlocked

Contributor

Breaking contract and getting iPhones unlocked

So, I have been with ATT for about 9 months now. Can't stand paying this much, plus the horrible customer service and the anxiety every month my bill is due never knowing what will be on there this time. My question is, if I break the contract can I get the iPhones unlocked? Has anyone else ever done this?

Message 1 of 3 (9,818 Views)
Expert

Re: Breaking contract and getting iPhones unlocked

alroberts89 wrote:

So, I have been with ATT for about 9 months now. Can't stand paying this much, plus the horrible customer service and the anxiety every month my bill is due never knowing what will be on there this time. My question is, if I break the contract can I get the iPhones unlocked? Has anyone else ever done this?

Maybe - the rule state that all commitments need to be fulfilled, would guess that paying the etf would fulfill your commitment.

your etf is going to be 325.00 - (10.00 * 9 months completed or 90.00) =  225.00 + your outstanding bills (note final bill is not prorated, if you cancel the 1 day after the close of you bill you owe the entire month)

the rules for unlock state:

Message 2 of 3 (9,793 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Breaking contract and getting iPhones unlocked

And the ETF is per line.
Message 3 of 3 (9,786 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.