Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 25, 2011
1:55:18 PM
View profile
Bold sync with Microsoft Outlook Calendar
Edited by ShaunMN on Aug 25, 2011 at 2:22:29 PM

So similair problem here...

Sync won't sync all calendar items

Everything was working fine until a few days ago, well I noticed it this morning.  My Outlook calendar has NONE of my future appointments. I have no idea how or why they got deleted. The appointments are on my Black Berry Torch calender, however they will not sync.

I have messed with the sync settings trying to force the sync.

I have changed the default calendar account.

I have tried everything the troubleshooting help files have suggested.

Here is the weird thing... If I create a new appointment on either my phone or in outlook, they sync fine.  But the appointments that dissapeared from my computer won't sync.

Outlook version is 2007 12.0. Black Berry Desktop software is I don't know but I tried updating and it says I have the most recent version. Black berry software is 6.0 Bundle 2647.

As for apps, I don't have alot of apps and didn't add any apps recently. 

If anything else is applicable to this question, I'll be happy to provide.

[subject edited as new topic was created] -moderator

So similair problem here...

Sync won't sync all calendar items

Everything was working fine until a few days ago, well I noticed it this morning.  My Outlook calendar has NONE of my future appointments. I have no idea how or why they got deleted. The appointments are on my Black Berry Torch calender, however they will not sync.

I have messed with the sync settings trying to force the sync.

I have changed the default calendar account.

I have tried everything the troubleshooting help files have suggested.

Here is the weird thing... If I create a new appointment on either my phone or in outlook, they sync fine.  But the appointments that dissapeared from my computer won't sync.

Outlook version is 2007 12.0. Black Berry Desktop software is I don't know but I tried updating and it says I have the most recent version. Black berry software is 6.0 Bundle 2647.

As for apps, I don't have alot of apps and didn't add any apps recently. 

If anything else is applicable to this question, I'll be happy to provide.

[subject edited as new topic was created] -moderator

Bold sync with Microsoft Outlook Calendar

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2011 2:39:03 PM
(0)
Contributor

Well the moderator closed the other thread. None of the info there helped me with my problem.  I couldn't find an answer to my problem either.

What I did, though, that fixed it is: I don't know what fixed it!   I took the black berry to another computer that I seldom ever sync with just to see what would happen. All the data including the mysterious calendar entries synced (sunk?) properly.  Ok so I narrowed down the problem to my laptop (which is the computer I was having the problem with when posting this thread). 

So I took the blackberry back to my laptop, connected it, sunk it, and nothing, the calender same issue.  So I hit reset settings in the desktop software and tried to sink again and it magically worked.  So I suppose resetting the settings fixed the problem.   Everything from the phone including the mystery calendar entries are now synchronized.  I guess I should have tried the obvious earlier instead of trying all these advanced settings. K.I.S.S.

Well the moderator closed the other thread. None of the info there helped me with my problem.  I couldn't find an answer to my problem either.

What I did, though, that fixed it is: I don't know what fixed it!   I took the black berry to another computer that I seldom ever sync with just to see what would happen. All the data including the mysterious calendar entries synced (sunk?) properly.  Ok so I narrowed down the problem to my laptop (which is the computer I was having the problem with when posting this thread). 

So I took the blackberry back to my laptop, connected it, sunk it, and nothing, the calender same issue.  So I hit reset settings in the desktop software and tried to sink again and it magically worked.  So I suppose resetting the settings fixed the problem.   Everything from the phone including the mystery calendar entries are now synchronized.  I guess I should have tried the obvious earlier instead of trying all these advanced settings. K.I.S.S.

Re: Bold sync with Microsoft Outlook Calendar

2 of 6 (553 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 4:25:05 PM
(0)
Mentor

When I sync on any of my computers, it always deletes calendar entries on the computer older than 2 months.  Any fix for that?  I've looked at all the settings and see nothing that I can change to fix.

When I sync on any of my computers, it always deletes calendar entries on the computer older than 2 months.  Any fix for that?  I've looked at all the settings and see nothing that I can change to fix.

3 of 6 (470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2011 11:55:38 AM
(0)
Tutor

I'm having trouble syncing calendar with my Bold 9700 too.  I have a carpool calendar for the school year on Outlook, and it's coming through to my Bold on all the wrong days, and I have no idea why.  Some days have noone driving, and some days are double-up with two names on the same day, but on Outlook everything looks correct!!!

I'm having trouble syncing calendar with my Bold 9700 too.  I have a carpool calendar for the school year on Outlook, and it's coming through to my Bold on all the wrong days, and I have no idea why.  Some days have noone driving, and some days are double-up with two names on the same day, but on Outlook everything looks correct!!!

4 of 6 (423 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 9:14:48 AM
(0)
Teacher

By default, the BlackBerry smartphone Calendar is set to keep appointments for 60 days and it is deleting the Calendar entries from the BlackBerry smartphone.

CollapseResolution

Change the Keep Appointment setting to forever in the Calendar on the BlackBerry smartphone.
  1. Open the Calendar application on the BlackBerry smartphone.
  2. Click the Menu key.
  3. Click Options.
  4. Click General Options.
  5. Change the setting for Keep Appointments to Forever.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

By default, the BlackBerry smartphone Calendar is set to keep appointments for 60 days and it is deleting the Calendar entries from the BlackBerry smartphone.

CollapseResolution

Change the Keep Appointment setting to forever in the Calendar on the BlackBerry smartphone.
  2. Click the Menu key.
  3. Click Options.

5 of 6 (365 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 10:55:36 AM
(0)
Mentor

jigglebilly wrote:

CollapseResolution

2. Click the Menu key.
  3. Click Options.

Thank you!  For some reason, the software wouldn't let me give a Kudo, so you get it this way.  Thanks again!

jigglebilly wrote:

CollapseResolution

2. Click the Menu key.
  3. Click Options.

Thank you!  For some reason, the software wouldn't let me give a Kudo, so you get it this way.  Thanks again!

6 of 6 (359 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments