Bold 9700

Mentor

Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

Got a Bold about 10 months ago (Refurbished) for free with a 2 years contract renewal. Been a customer with AT&T for over 10 years.  Phone is constantly locking up. Tried battery pulls, new sim card and new Micro memory card. Phone keeps locking up. Running OS6.  I am not due for another upgrade until August 2012.  Verizon is offering me an Iphone 4 with a 2 years contract for a premium price. Should I buy out my contract with AT&T and switch over to Verizon or do you think AT&T will actually work with me ? My phone is definitely not in warranty and I have lost faith in Blackberry.

Message 1 of 5 (246 Views)
Expert

Re: Bold 9700

firemandude wrote:

Got a Bold about 10 months ago (Refurbished) for free with a 2 years contract renewal. Been a customer with AT&T for over 10 years.  Phone is constantly locking up. Tried battery pulls, new sim card and new Micro memory card. Phone keeps locking up. Running OS6.  I am not due for another upgrade until August 2012.  Verizon is offering me an Iphone 4 with a 2 years contract for a premium price. Should I buy out my contract with AT&T and switch over to Verizon or do you think AT&T will actually work with me ? My phone is definitely not in warranty and I have lost faith in Blackberry.

go for it with verizon,  no carrier will do what you want, pay out your etf (325 - 10 x number of months used) and move on.

Message 2 of 5 (230 Views)
Master

wingrider01 wrote:

firemandude wrote:

go for it with verizon,  no carrier will do what you want, pay out your etf (325 - 10 x number of months used) and move on.

I agree. I'd rather have a working phone that is dependable than one that always seems to have an issue. Even if it means switching to a different carrier.

Good luck.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 5 (223 Views)
Employee

try reinstalling the OS with desktop manager
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5 (218 Views)
Scholar

Backup your data, wipe the phone, reinstall the OS. Wait another month for the iPhone 5.

If you need help with how to wipe & reinstall the OS, visit the forums at crackberry.com.
Message 5 of 5 (211 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.