Bold 9700

Mentor

Bold 9700

Got a Bold about 10 months ago (Refurbished) for free with a 2 years contract renewal. Been a customer with AT&T for over 10 years.  Phone is constantly locking up. Tried battery pulls, new sim card and new Micro memory card. Phone keeps locking up. Running OS6.  I am not due for another upgrade until August 2012.  Verizon is offering me an Iphone 4 with a 2 years contract for a premium price. Should I buy out my contract with AT&T and switch over to Verizon or do you think AT&T will actually work with me ? My phone is definitely not in warranty and I have lost faith in Blackberry.

Message 1 of 5
Expert

Re: Bold 9700

firemandude wrote:

Got a Bold about 10 months ago (Refurbished) for free with a 2 years contract renewal. Been a customer with AT&T for over 10 years.  Phone is constantly locking up. Tried battery pulls, new sim card and new Micro memory card. Phone keeps locking up. Running OS6.  I am not due for another upgrade until August 2012.  Verizon is offering me an Iphone 4 with a 2 years contract for a premium price. Should I buy out my contract with AT&T and switch over to Verizon or do you think AT&T will actually work with me ? My phone is definitely not in warranty and I have lost faith in Blackberry.

go for it with verizon,  no carrier will do what you want, pay out your etf (325 - 10 x number of months used) and move on.

Message 2 of 5
Master

wingrider01 wrote:

firemandude wrote:

go for it with verizon,  no carrier will do what you want, pay out your etf (325 - 10 x number of months used) and move on.

I agree. I'd rather have a working phone that is dependable than one that always seems to have an issue. Even if it means switching to a different carrier.

Good luck.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 5
Employee

try reinstalling the OS with desktop manager
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Scholar

Backup your data, wipe the phone, reinstall the OS. Wait another month for the iPhone 5.

If you need help with how to wipe & reinstall the OS, visit the forums at crackberry.com.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support