Blurry iPhone 4 pics

Tutor

Blurry iPhone 4 pics

I recently purchased a refurb iPhone 4 and the pictures are horrible.  My old iPhone took better pics.  Is this a common thing that I can fix myself or should I send it back.  I HATE the hassle of returning things by mail.  Anyone else have this problem and/or a solution???

Message 1 of 10 (1,285 Views)
Master

Re: Blurry iPhone 4 pics

Sounds like a phone that needs to go back. You might want to try going into an Apple store and see if they can do anything for you.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 10 (1,279 Views)
Mentor

Beford you send it back, check for finger prints on the camera lenses. Clean with a soft cloth.

Message 3 of 10 (1,252 Views)
Employee

did you remove the clear cover over it?
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 10 (1,194 Views)
Tutor

I did all those things.  I finally called AT&T and they told me to take the phone to my local store & have it checked out.  I did that and the phone was faulty.  My phone was a refurb and they didn't have any in the store to replace it with.  So....I just went ahead and payed the extra to get a new one.  Shoulda bought a new one in the first place.  Thanks for all the suggestions thoughSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 10 (1,166 Views)
Master

It is probably too late now but you could have gone to the Apple store and they would have swapped your phone out for no additional cost.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Message 6 of 10 (1,161 Views)
Guru

[ Edited ]

kgriffino wrote:

I did all those things.  I finally called AT&T and they told me to take the phone to my local store & have it checked out.  I did that and the phone was faulty.  My phone was a refurb and they didn't have any in the store to replace it with.  So....I just went ahead and payed the extra to get a new one.  Shoulda bought a new one in the first place.  Thanks for all the suggestions thoughSmiley Happy

If by "local store" the AT&T CSR was referring to one of AT&T's (corporate) stores--well how about them apples (no pun intended)?  AT&T telling a customer to take their iPhone to an AT&T store for hardware support...whatever happened to them telling customers that they should direct any iPhone hardware issues towards Apple? Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 10 (1,125 Views)
Tutor

Sorry....I just read this. I live in podunk AR and we don't have an apple store nearby. I was just tickled that I could go and talk to someone face to face. I am more than happy with the new one! LOVE it! Thanks for your reply!
Message 8 of 10 (1,043 Views)
Master

Glad it is working out for you. It may be worth getting Apple Care. It allows you to get phone support from Apple at N/C and they will then be able to swap your iPhone via mail should a future issue arise. This may be even more important for you since you do not live near an Apple store and Apple provides all support for the iPHone.

Good Luck and Enjoy!

Message 9 of 10 (1,040 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

In August I was able to take crystal clear action shots. Like pictures of people jumping off a dock with no blur at all. Catches them in mid air. Now I try to take a pic of something moving and it's blurry. What's up with that?Auto focus works fine.

iPhone

Message 10 of 10 (1,016 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.