Bluetooth

Scholar

Bluetooth

I notice when I Grip the iPhone on the upper right side, the bluetooth signal cuts in and out. I noticed it one day I was playing a game on it. I have the iPhone 4 with the official bumper. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm debating if I should take the phone to Apple.

Message 1 of 9 (1,102 Views)
Scholar

Re: Bluetooth

kevjazzele wrote:

I notice when I Grip the iPhone on the upper right side, the bluetooth signal cuts in and out.

"Avoid holding it that way."

Message 2 of 9 (1,056 Views)

You grip your phone from the upper right side?

Message 3 of 9 (1,048 Views)
Professor

The Wi-Fi and Bluetooth antenna is also on the outside, like the cellular antenna. It's possible that the so called "death grip" might also affect BT/WiFi reception.

Message 4 of 9 (1,032 Views)
ACE - Professor

seriously, we're going to have to do all this again?

What happens when you hold your iPhone naturally, you know.. like a phone?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 9 (1,023 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

johninsj wrote:

seriously, we're going to have to do all this again?

What happens when you hold your iPhone naturally, you know.. like a phone?

You'd suffocate it and it'll die.

Message 6 of 9 (1,008 Views)
Scholar

To answer some of the replies, On some games you have to hold the phone horizontal to play them. That way my hand is griping the upper left hand corner, and that's how I first notice the sound cutting in and out through my bluetooth. I did some further tests, and every time I gripped the upper right top and side of the phone, the sound through the bluetooth would cut in and out. So I assumed the signal was being blocked by covering that part of the phone. I just want to know if this is an isolated issue, or if other people are experiencing it. That way if I'm the only one that's experiencing this, I can take it back to Apple. I assume this forum was created for iPhone owners to exchange ideas and to help one another, so I would appreciate your help if your experienced this issue. I have the iPhone 4, along with the official bumper.

Message 7 of 9 (965 Views)
ACE - Professor

If you have the bumper on it, then no it's not a "shorting the antenna" issue. What's the range you're trying to cover via bluetooth?

In general there are several reports of choppy audio BT performance in 4.0x, which are fixed in the 4.1 release due out sometime in the near future (developers have it already, and report the BT stack is fixed/better in this release.)

It could be the game is using most of the CPU, causing studdering/bad BT performace regardless of where you hold it, during game play.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 9 (946 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Actually I was playing music when I did the test. I will wait till 4.1 comes out to see if the update solves the issue. Thank you for your help.

Message 9 of 9 (935 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.