Bluetooth on iPhone

Guru

Bluetooth on iPhone

Could someone explain why bluetooth doesn't work like any other phone??? When I try to connect with another phone, it never works and I've tried it with my 3GS and now my iPhone 4. I've even tried to use it with my wife's auto which has a bluetooth option and it never connects. It seems to be useless unless there's something I'm doing wrong. I've tried all of other phones my family has with my wife's vehicle and no problem at all, but not the iPhone.

Message 1 of 11 (1,207 Views)
Professor

Re: Bluetooth on iPhone

iPhone doesn't support any file sharing... there is an app for that (only available on Jailbroken iPhones)

Message 2 of 11 (1,199 Views)
Guru

Then why have bluetooth on the phone?

Message 3 of 11 (1,190 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

jjforau wrote:

Then why have bluetooth on the phone?

Headsets? Tethering?

Message 4 of 11 (1,187 Views)
Scholar

Make sure you are pairing the Bluetooth unit to the phone
Message 5 of 11 (1,143 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

works fine with my car. It's for stereo, and for headests.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 11 (1,124 Views)
Scholar

So the bottom-line is that Bluetooth dose not work on iPhone unless it is jailbroken! Smiley Sad I use pandora radio at gym, was gonna get a Bluetooth for it. I guess I am stuck with earphone!Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 11 (1,085 Views)
Master

The iPhone will support stereo BT.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 8 of 11 (1,075 Views)
Scholar

What is stereo BT? Could you please explain in detail? Where can I get it? I have no clue, and never heard of it. Thanks in advance!Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 11 (1,067 Views)
Professor

Stereo bluetooth is the A2DP profile in Bluetooth 2.0.  It allows for audio streaming.

There are a plethora of stereo bluetooth headsets available.

I have the Motorolla S9 that I use daily... great headset and works well when at the gym.  I personally use them when doing cardio only, if I'm lifting then I use my wired headsets, but that's just my preference.

You can find some single ear headsets that support A2DP, the Jabra BT8010 is one such headset.

One thing to keep in mind, Apple has not implemented AVRCP which means the fast forward (next track) and rewind (previous track) functions will not work with the iDevices.

Message 10 of 11 (1,055 Views)
Scholar

Thank you for the infoSmiley Happy! Do I need to go to AT&T store for it since I want to see it before buying it. Or I can get in RadioShack?
Message 11 of 11 (304 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.