Posted Oct 4, 2011
5:35:01 AM
View profile
Blotch on Galaxy S II Screen

I have a slight blotch on my Galaxy S II Screen, it is really only noticeable when the brightness is on auto and at a low level.  It shows up best on a grey background (Such as the battery graph, you can see a blotch where the grey is lighter then the rest).  During normal use it is not really noticable but I know its there and always manage to find it.

Not sure if this was something to be expected with these screens or if I should exchange it?

Blotch on Galaxy S II Screen

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 7:04:30 AM
(0)
Master

Go exchange it while you still can. Within 30-day, you can exchange for a new phone. There are a lot of screen problems on International version of GS2 as well.

Re: Blotch on Galaxy S II Screen

2 of 11 (442 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 8:22:13 AM
(0)

I will watch it... I think it may be getting better with use... I am having a hard time replicating it now in the office, may just be the lighting tho.  Thanks.

3 of 11 (431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 6:46:35 PM
(0)
Nope def still there, luckily there is an att store in our building, will go at lunch

4 of 11 (403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 3:17:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

msimm29 wrote:
Nope def still there, luckily there is an att store in our building, will go at lunch

How did the exchange process go? Were you able to swap out your phone in a reasonable amount of time?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 11 (363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 5:29:03 AM
(0)
My problem now is locating a store that is easily accessible to me with a phone in stock.

I went to the store that is in our building in downtown Pittsburgh and they thought they had some but actually didn't. They said Friday they should have more. I am going to try the store that I bought the phone at out by our house tonight.

6 of 11 (348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 1:06:37 PM
(0)
Tutor
I had a similar problem.... Apparenetly my phone has some sort of burn in issue in the top left corner of the phone. Here is how I found it....there would be a lighter shader of a line diagonally when the screen is all blacked out.... Mine was the shape of a triangle in the top right corner. Its not visible in all colors....just like in black or like a shade of black or grey.

Took the phone back and had it exchanged at the corporate store.

7 of 11 (335 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 10:10:37 AM
(0)

Just exchanged my phone at the AT&T Store in our building, fantastic customer service down there always.  New one looked good from first impressions at the store, will see what tonight brings.

8 of 11 (306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 7:30:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Alright. Thanks for the follow-up.

I hope this one does not have any issues!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 11 (291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 9:35:20 AM
(0)

This one also has a light blotch on the screen, in a different spot this time.  Sad for hardware that is highly praised for its screen quality.

I don't know if I will exchange this one, getting tired of bugging the AT&T Store over this.

10 of 11 (241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 10:14:14 AM
(0)
Master

Samsung is not known for quality manufacturing. Their seem lack any type of decent QA. So, if you have problem, get it exchanged.

11 of 11 (161 Views)