Wireless Forums

Posted Mar 27, 2012
12:30:54 PM
Blocking texts and Calls

so I have just purchased the smart controls for my son's phone.

I have a couple of questions, I hope that someone can answer for me.

1-I read that if you have a number blocked from texting that if they are an att customer they will get a msg that says that customer can not accept msgs at this time.  Is that still the case?

2- if I have blocked a number from texting or being text, if my son tries to text that number, does he get a msg that the number has been blocked from them texting?  Or does it look like it just goes through?

3-On a number blocked from calling or having calls, does the caller get a message?  Whether it is my son calling out or a caller calling in?

Thanks for any info.

so I have just purchased the smart controls for my son's phone.

I have a couple of questions, I hope that someone can answer for me.

1-I read that if you have a number blocked from texting that if they are an att customer they will get a msg that says that customer can not accept msgs at this time.  Is that still the case?

2- if I have blocked a number from texting or being text, if my son tries to text that number, does he get a msg that the number has been blocked from them texting?  Or does it look like it just goes through?

3-On a number blocked from calling or having calls, does the caller get a message?  Whether it is my son calling out or a caller calling in?

Thanks for any info.

Blocking texts and Calls

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2012 1:04:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yes to all three of your questions.  They get a message when they attempt to send.  This is true for time limits and blocked numbers. 

Yes to all three of your questions.  They get a message when they attempt to send.  This is true for time limits and blocked numbers. 

Re: Blocking texts and Calls

2 of 2 (3,668 Views)