Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 3, 2011
11:24:44 AM
Blocking another Cellular Number from Texting Me...

I reviewed the other posts regarding this issue and have read about the smart controls for wireless.  I have a single cell phone number I would like to block.  If I pay for the $4.99/month per line smart controls and add this number to the block list, do I need to keep paying $4.99/month per line in order for the number to remain blocked?

Can't AT&T come up with something similar to verizon where you can text a number to 8888 when you would like to block it?  I have a samsung eternity - Isn't there a way to block numbers on the handset itself without purchasing this service?

Thanks!

I reviewed the other posts regarding this issue and have read about the smart controls for wireless.  I have a single cell phone number I would like to block.  If I pay for the $4.99/month per line smart controls and add this number to the block list, do I need to keep paying $4.99/month per line in order for the number to remain blocked?

Can't AT&T come up with something similar to verizon where you can text a number to 8888 when you would like to block it?  I have a samsung eternity - Isn't there a way to block numbers on the handset itself without purchasing this service?

Thanks!

Blocking another Cellular Number from Texting Me...

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2011 1:11:48 PM
(0)
Master

fineus82 wrote:

If I pay for the $4.99/month per line smart controls and add this number to the block list, do I need to keep paying $4.99/month per line in order for the number to remain blocked?

Yes you would need to keep paying monthly.

There are some phones you can purchase that have the ability to blacklist numbers from calling/texting you.  As for the Eternity, I don't know.  Haven't used that.  If it did it would be in the users manual, but I don't see it.  It looks like the phone has the ability to block callers (page 32) but I don't see anything for text messages.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200810/20081030012522500/att_a867_eternity_ug.pdf

fineus82 wrote:

If I pay for the $4.99/month per line smart controls and add this number to the block list, do I need to keep paying $4.99/month per line in order for the number to remain blocked?

Yes you would need to keep paying monthly.

There are some phones you can purchase that have the ability to blacklist numbers from calling/texting you.  As for the Eternity, I don't know.  Haven't used that.  If it did it would be in the users manual, but I don't see it.  It looks like the phone has the ability to block callers (page 32) but I don't see anything for text messages.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200810/20081030012522500/att_a867_eternity_ug.pdf

Re: Blocking another Cellular Number from Texting Me...

2 of 2 (3,397 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments