Blocking a number?

Contributor

Blocking a number?

[ Edited ]
Hi, I've been receiving spam text messages about Jesus and Easter from a phone number and I'd like to know if there is any way to block the number from sending me any more messages. I know that the number is real, and I don't even know the person. I spoke to AT&T's customer service and the lady told me they couldn't do anything unless I payed $4.99 a month for "parental control". My phone offers a "reject" list sort of thing, but it only blocks the number from calling me, not texting me. So, once again, any free way to block a number from texting me? Thanks.
Message 1 of 2 (322 Views)
Scholar

Re: Blocking a number?

Depending on what make/model device you have. Some manufacture have some of their devices where they can enable blocking such as text messages. If you could tell me the make and model I may be able to answer that for you. Otherwise then it'd be the $4.99 SmartLimits feature. It a new text about Easter then it may end shortly.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (309 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.