Blocking a number?

Contributor

Blocking a number?

Hi, I've been receiving spam text messages about Jesus and Easter from a phone number and I'd like to know if there is any way to block the number from sending me any more messages. I know that the number is real, and I don't even know the person. I spoke to AT&T's customer service and the lady told me they couldn't do anything unless I payed $4.99 a month for "parental control". My phone offers a "reject" list sort of thing, but it only blocks the number from calling me, not texting me. So, once again, any free way to block a number from texting me? Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
Scholar

Re: Blocking a number?

Depending on what make/model device you have. Some manufacture have some of their devices where they can enable blocking such as text messages. If you could tell me the make and model I may be able to answer that for you. Otherwise then it'd be the $4.99 SmartLimits feature. It a new text about Easter then it may end shortly.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support