Blocking a number on my Iphone 3GS

Blocking a number on my Iphone 3GS

I have an Iphone 3GS and yes i have had it since jan of this year but i am always learning something new on my iphone the question is how do i block a number on my Iphone 3GS? If anyone could help me out that would be awesome thank you!

Message 1 of 10 (70,782 Views)
Professor

Re: Blocking a number on my Iphone 3GS

Not a feature of the iPhone, or any phone that I am aware of.

Blocking is done at the carrier level.

Message 2 of 10 (70,781 Views)

thank you so do i just call them and ask about that or is there a app where i can block calls from that would be great if there was

Message 3 of 10 (70,776 Views)
Contributor

I can assume you're referring to blocking an incoming call. As far as I know, there's no way to do that. You can block your caller ID for out going calls. Go to Settings, Phone, Block my caller ID. But I don't think that's what you're asking. Perhaps you could call ATT and ask them if there is a net work wag to do it.
Message 4 of 10 (70,711 Views)
ACE - Professor

There is no way to block an incoming call on the iPhone. Smiley Sad

Sorry!

-Evandela
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 10 (70,664 Views)
Contributor

Save Number as Blocked or X ie.
then set a custom ringtone for them,
silent if you know how to make your own
hope they give up
Message 6 of 10 (70,490 Views)
ACE - Professor

jswanger1989 wrote:

thank you so do i just call them and ask about that or is there a app where i can block calls from that would be great if there was

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB102428

"It is only possible to block incoming calls if you have AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless, a web-based parental control tool that allows you to set limits on voice, data, and messaging usage for a wireless number. You can also block incoming and outgoing calls and texts for up to 30 phone numbers by using the Blocked Number feature. Additionally, you can block calls to 411. The AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless feature is available to add to your wireless account for an additional monthly subscription fee."

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 10 (70,467 Views)
Contributor

But that article doesn't tell you what the Blocked Number feature is or where to find directions on how to use it...I don't want to PAY to have to block numbers!

Message 8 of 10 (68,199 Views)
Contributor

i had a cheap phone befoe and I could block any of my contacts.  then if i deleted them as a contact their number was still blocked that was a great feature.  cant believe a smart phone cant manage taht

Message 9 of 10 (65,112 Views)
Contributor

of course they want you to pay.  the smart list cost $4.99 mo, designed to micro manage your kids phone.

Message 10 of 10 (65,109 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support