Wireless Forums

Posted May 25, 2012
10:46:29 AM
View profile
Block Spam Calls on Provider Level (like we have 7726 for spam txt)

Hello...

Really like the 7726 number where you can notify ATT about any spam msgs you recieve, this is great, power to the people.

Now I really would like to see something similair for spam calls, I have at least 10 numbers that call or have called me on a regular basis, spamming me to lower my credit card debt etc.

I am on the do not call list, and notify them every time a spammer calls, FCC is clearly a waste of my tax dollars since they are unable to act on it with force even though those numbers seem to be active for years. (looking at the complains online)

Could ATT arrange something similar to the 7726, to notify about spam calls, that way those spammers can be blocked at the provider level?

Hello...

Really like the 7726 number where you can notify ATT about any spam msgs you recieve, this is great, power to the people.

Now I really would like to see something similair for spam calls, I have at least 10 numbers that call or have called me on a regular basis, spamming me to lower my credit card debt etc.

I am on the do not call list, and notify them every time a spammer calls, FCC is clearly a waste of my tax dollars since they are unable to act on it with force even though those numbers seem to be active for years. (looking at the complains online)

Could ATT arrange something similar to the 7726, to notify about spam calls, that way those spammers can be blocked at the provider level?

Block Spam Calls on Provider Level (like we have 7726 for spam txt)

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2012 11:23:23 PM
(0)
Mentor

You could also set the ring to silent when they call.

You could also set the ring to silent when they call.

Re: Block Spam Calls on Provider Level (like we have 7726 for spam txt)

2 of 3 (3,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2012 5:33:40 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks, great idea, that will take care of it...

Thanks, great idea, that will take care of it...

Re: Block Spam Calls on Provider Level (like we have 7726 for spam txt)

3 of 3 (2,438 Views)