Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

OK - I have been looking for this for a long time so here it is. I Just got this working and it works perfectly.  You can now play standard MP3 files on your Blackjack II without conversion, regarless of size! 

1. You need a regedit program so download and install one.  I got one here.
  2. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  3. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values
  4. Delete the key of FileSizeLimit
Presto!  Now you can use your MP3s as ringtones without modification.

Message 1 of 252
Teacher

Re: Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

can some one please help with my post
Message 121 of 252
Contributor

omg DUH lol...Ok that makes so much sense now, it works great!!

Now I have ONE more question I swear!!!
 It tells me I have to move the MP3 to the phone's memory in order to use the file as a ringtone...but using so many large files for different people is making my phone memory not able to keep up...is there a way to use the songs on my storage card without moving them to the  phones memory? Or any other option that would leave me with at least 15 songs or more...

Smiley Very Happy
Message 122 of 252
Contributor

SikFlip23 wrote:
aite i still cant find the values button. i dont think i have it when i double click the sounds. can some one please pm me.

For your own security, please refrain from posting personal content in the forum's public realm. Thank you.

Message Edited by Sentry on 02-21-2008 09:05:04 AM

Hey, I found the answer a few pages before this one. Someone wrote that if you use mobile editor, go to HKEY current user thing, hit that plus sing to make it drop down, go to SOUNDS, but instead of clicking that plus sign, JUST click the word SOUNDS. The third line says FILESIZELIMIT, double click that, a small box pops up with a value, put in something like 6144000 thats about 6mb I think the other person on here said, and click ok...and thats it, should work/
Message 123 of 252
Teacher

there is nothing that says FILESIZELIMIT anywhere. do you think i can make a new name and name it FILESIZELIMIT?
Message 124 of 252

I couldn't connect to anything and the cingular rep had me hard reset my phone.  I went into the registry and go to current_users/control pannel/sounds and click on values and there is nothing listed in there at all.  I still get the error message that my ringtone can't be larger than 30kb. I once tried adding the value back and setting the file size larger but that didn't work for me either.  This shouldn't be difficult.  :-(  Thanks in advance,  Damion
Message 125 of 252
Teacher

okay so when i tried installing the program i was unable to and this is what it says:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program require for this install to be complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Could anyone please help me out on this?
thanks.. very much appreciated!! Smiley Sad
Message 126 of 252
Teacher

Smiley Sadthe program didnt work but i found the registery key on some other thread and used your steps and worked AMAZINGLY GREAT!!! thanks soooo much.
Message 127 of 252
Tutor

Took some playing but thanks for this one!
Message 128 of 252
Contributor

When i did what it said i tried to set a sound as a ringtone and it said cannot be larger than 0kb. Whats up whith that and what should i do? pls help. please.
Message 129 of 252
Guru

i used mobile registery editor and it worked, but i coulnt delete the value, i just put a whole bunch of 9s and it worked for me!
thanks!

Message Edited by gotoguy on 03-06-2008 07:18:53 AM
Message 130 of 252
Explorer

Instead of doing what Captain America suggested I tood the advice from message 69 and it was very easy, and it does work. Thank you very much for the advice.
Message 131 of 252
Contributor

I can't find HKEY_Current User.  Where do I find it?
Message 132 of 252
Expert

ok2play wrote:
     I can't find HKEY_Current User.  Where do I find it?

Is this what you are looking for HERE
Message 133 of 252
Contributor

Okay maybe I'm just slightly "special" or something but... When you say go into  HKEY and so on... What are you talking about? Where am I suppose to go and how do I get there?  From my computer or phone? I've downloaded the program and seriously need some help. I'm starting to get hella frustrated here. Please and thank you.
Message 134 of 252
Guru

if you downloaded Mobile registery editor, open it
but first make sure your phone is connected to the computer and ActivSync is running
then open MRE
and on the side under the phone name it should say HKEY current user click it
then go to control...click the + sign the sound +
then you should see in the right side a list and in there it should have "filesizelimit"
double click to open it and add a 0 to the already existing number and it should work fine
its super easy
Message 135 of 252
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support