Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

OK - I have been looking for this for a long time so here it is. I Just got this working and it works perfectly.  You can now play standard MP3 files on your Blackjack II without conversion, regarless of size! 

1. You need a regedit program so download and install one.  I got one here.
  2. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  3. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values
  4. Delete the key of FileSizeLimit
Presto!  Now you can use your MP3s as ringtones without modification.

Message 1 of 252
Contributor

Re: Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

Im sorry to be so stupid but I dont get it? The first threads states 1 download that regedit. Do you do that on your PC if so that link has several. When done how do you get it to your Black Jack . I go to my Mobile manager and add files and nothings thereor compatable. Or do I go throught the phone??? It would not allow me to that sie
Message 106 of 252
Contributor

I did what everyone told me. I used MobileRegistry and I went to HKey_Current_User-->Controlpanel-->Sounds-->KnownCallerRing0
.The Value Name is (Default) and I can't change it. The only thing I can change is the value data. I changed it to "10240000" am i supposed to add the word bytes after it? When I add that number in and I tried to go into my stuff and set one of my sounds on the phone to the ringtone it still says that it cannot do it because its over 300kb. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Can someone print screen the steps? I think that'd help a lot!
Message 107 of 252
Contributor

Ok...I just recently bought the BJ2 and I have a basic question;  How do I set a ringtone for one of my contacts?  I'm hoping it's easy to do.
Message 108 of 252
Contributor

soo i don't know where to download that link to.. to the desktop on my computer or to my phone? & how do i find the HKEY_Current User ?
i'm new to this & i just want my ringtones ahah
Message 109 of 252

I removed the entire reg key and I get the error msg that the file size can be no larger than zero.  Can you please give me detailed direction to how to add the key back to the registry.  I do not know why I made this change without backing up the registry other than I am not too bright.

thanks

Damion
Message 110 of 252
Contributor

"i followed all of the steps but when i go to change a mp3 to ringtone it says that the file cannot be bigger than 6000kb."

i am having the same problem as humanabstract. can anyone help?

Message 111 of 252
Contributor

Thank you Strawdawg!!  Smiley Very Happy  After Message 69 with your instructions I finally got it to work!!!  
Smiley Very Happy
Message 112 of 252
Contributor

Strawdawg is a genius.  it worked.
Message 113 of 252
Teacher

For some reason, my phone would not connect to my computer.  I was unable to do this through activesync, so I bluetoothed the file to my phone.  I am now able to set an mp3 as a contact ringtone but not as the phone ringtone, which is fine by me. 
Message 114 of 252
Explorer

glad you all got it...these things can be very frustrating....not sure why they make it such a struggle to do things on some phonesSmiley Happy
Message 115 of 252
Teacher

aite i still cant find the values button. i dont think i have it when i double click the sounds. can some one please pm me.

For your own security, please refrain from posting personal content in the forum's public realm. Thank you.

Message Edited by Sentry on 02-21-2008 09:05:04 AM
Message 116 of 252
Teacher

some one please help...
Message 117 of 252

I agree.  I think its simply amazing that 1) there would be a limitation to begin with 2) that someone at Samsung/MSFT would allow a product this user UNFRIENDLY in the market 3) they assume that a business oriented product must have a complete absence of coolness 4) It's so dang difficult to do anything.  Can you imagine telling the Apple community that you have to hack the Linux kernel of their iPhones in order to do something?  I don't want to start a holy war here but my daughter just bought an iPhone. That thing is AMAZING.  If it supported Exchange, I'd throw my BJII into the trash right this instant......
Message 118 of 252
Contributor

ok, so first off this thing is so awesome.
and it works...but for only one ringtone...

I cant seem to get the phone to let me set different ringtones to different people. When I go on the song and click menu and go to set as, the caller id thing is greyed out. If I go to the contact and hit edit...all that shows up is the name and the number, and thats all.

What do I do to fix? This is my first smartphone, so Im still learning Smiley Happy But I was able to set one contact with a personal ringtone...just nobody else!!!!
Message 119 of 252
Explorer

if you make your contacts on the Outlook format, then it should show custom ringtones at the bottom of the contact card rather than being grayed out.  If you are making them in the Outlook format rather than as sim contacts, then I don't know... Smiley Happy
Message 120 of 252
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support