Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

OK - I have been looking for this for a long time so here it is. I Just got this working and it works perfectly.  You can now play standard MP3 files on your Blackjack II without conversion, regarless of size! 

1. You need a regedit program so download and install one.  I got one here.
  2. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  3. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values
  4. Delete the key of FileSizeLimit
Presto!  Now you can use your MP3s as ringtones without modification.

Message 1 of 252 (110,050 Views)
Contributor

Re: Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

Okay so I followed all your steps but I don't have a Values under my sounds? Any suggestions.
Message 91 of 252 (8,892 Views)
Contributor

I had WM5 on the Blackjack I then i upgraded it to WM6 and now i cant use my mp3 files
would this work on Blackjack I?
Message 92 of 252 (8,827 Views)
Contributor

i have figured out all the changing of the value but my main question is how to transfer my music from the windows media player on the phone to the my sounds folder so i can make one of  my music files a ringtone.
Message 93 of 252 (8,802 Views)
Contributor

hey i need help bro
i just got the phone.
i need to get help in the ringtone secsion. will u help me out.
from the beginning plz.
frist where u have to go to change it ??
Message 94 of 252 (8,749 Views)

I think if you follow the instrucions from my original post, it will walk you though this step by step.
Message 95 of 252 (8,748 Views)
Contributor

i downloaded the program but i'm still unable to set the ringtone. i just may be kind of slow and don't know what i'm doing. please help!!!
Message 96 of 252 (8,740 Views)

so you downloaded the program, installed it, ran it, changed the key value, move the MP3 file to the phone, tired to change a ring tone and it still doesnt work?
Message 97 of 252 (8,733 Views)
Contributor

i followed all of the steps but when i go to change a mp3 to ringtone it says that the file cannot be bigger than 6000kb. i changed the value to 1644000, is that to high or should i just change it to 0 like captainamerica?
Message 98 of 252 (8,689 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for these instructions!  I can verify that it works on an original Blackjack that was upgraded to WM6.

-MM
Message 99 of 252 (8,661 Views)
Contributor

I have done what you have suggested.  just getting rid of the value, adding the bigger numbers and I still cant get it to let me use my songs as a ringtone.  I so hope someone can help!
Message 100 of 252 (8,516 Views)
Teacher

I accidently deleted the "sounds" line in the registry.  Now I have no ringtone or other tones.  How do I get that back??  Am I screwed?
Message 101 of 252 (8,352 Views)
Contributor

ok so i downloaded the mobile registry editor and i followed all the steps mentioned throughout the thread but i accidentally deleted one of the keys under control panel i think it was the "filesizelimit" because i read a post (that i later realized wasn't meant for the mobile registry program) that said to delete it. is there anyway to restore it? the mp3s still wont show up in the ringtones list on my phone so i dont know if it's because i deleted that key or if im missing another step..?

help anyone?
Message 102 of 252 (8,157 Views)
Contributor

Nah- you are supposed to delete it.  A tip someone mentioned earlier- if you try to set a song as a ringtone from the sounds folder or documents folder it might not work, mine didn't.  It said the file must be less than 0kb.  If you go through settings the song will come up while scrolling.

Thanks so much for this tip! I couldnt believe that a phone like this wasnt able to set full length songs as ringtones. Easy simple & quick
Message 103 of 252 (8,087 Views)
Teacher

I seem to be having a problem with the fact that my phone will not connect to Activesync, therefore I can not click on Hkey. 

HELP.....I had this problem with my Blackjack 1.  It would not connect to the activesync either. 
Message 104 of 252 (8,067 Views)
Teacher

Can I do this directly from my phone.  I bluetoothed the file to my phone, went to PHM registry, control panel, highlighted sounds, clicked Values, nothing was there so I created a new value....Can I do that?  It went from telling me 300 to 0.  it now tells me that the filesize can't be larger than 0.  What do I do?
Message 105 of 252 (8,057 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.