Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

OK - I have been looking for this for a long time so here it is. I Just got this working and it works perfectly.  You can now play standard MP3 files on your Blackjack II without conversion, regarless of size! 

1. You need a regedit program so download and install one.  I got one here.
  2. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  3. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values
  4. Delete the key of FileSizeLimit
Presto!  Now you can use your MP3s as ringtones without modification.

Message 1 of 252
Teacher

Re: Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

That works! Thanks a lot!
Message 76 of 252
Voyager

Is it possible though to continue to try and set up the ring tones from your Storage Card, or will I only have the option of storing the file on my actual phone/device. I'd prefer to host the files on my storage card considering I plan to have a number of them available to me as various ringtones for different individuals. However, if it's on the device, this is going to severely limit me. Is this my only choice at this time?
Message 77 of 252
Teacher

SDCN1234 wrote:
Is it possible though to continue to try and set up the ring tones from your Storage Card, or will I only have the option of storing the file on my actual phone/device. I'd prefer to host the files on my storage card considering I plan to have a number of them available to me as various ringtones for different individuals. However, if it's on the device, this is going to severely limit me. Is this my only choice at this time?

I setup  Facade and Photo Contacts PRO - than after  increasing file size i receive opportunity to add special sounds(over 300) and pics from my card. For you just for managing contacts i guess would be  enough to setup only Photo Contacts...
I hope this would help you..   
Message 78 of 252
Contributor

I have looked through all that I can. I did the following: currentuser -> control panel -> sounds, but I cannot find this "value" key or option. I tried the knowncallerring0 like somebody suggested, but that did not work for me. I am using a blackjack II, just got it a couple of days ago. If someone could give me some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Message 79 of 252
Contributor

^^^^^^^^^Same i just tried for like 20 mins straight and it still not workin for me either still gives the 300kb error message and i used the mobile reg v1.1 as well
Message 80 of 252
Contributor

nvm found a fix.....go into the registry just like it says above in the other posts and instead of  clicking on "sounds" and going to the "knowncaller0" just click on sounds and on the right there will be a "file size limit Dword" with a number limit of somehere in the 34000 or somtin range.  Just click on "filesize" and change it to 6144000 thatll give you about 6 mbs to work with and then just go under sounds in your phone and hit set as ringtone and you should be good to go.....Thanks to whoeve started this thread and all who contributed
Message 81 of 252
Contributor

I cannot seem to get this file to work on my pc. Is there something that I might be doing incorrectly?
Message 82 of 252
Voyager

I did the exact same then here. D/L'ed mobile registry editor v. 1.1 and presto.  I was done in 30 secs. Hassle free.  Thanx for the hack all.
Message 83 of 252

I downloaded the reigestry thingy...  I opened it up...  Error..  It says it can't open...

Is there a 2nd way to fix it?  I have a blackjack 1, and then I upgraded to WM6 and then I get this 300kb error...  stupid microsoft, why did you change it?

So is there another way around it?
Message 84 of 252
Contributor

USING THIS PROGRAM IS THERE ANYWAY TO CHANGE THE PINK SERVICE LIGHT

THANKS

OR IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO CHANGE THE PINK SERVICE LIGHT
Message 85 of 252

tim45678 wrote:
USING THIS PROGRAM IS THERE ANYWAY TO CHANGE THE PINK SERVICE LIGHT

THANKS

OR IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO CHANGE THE PINK SERVICE LIGHT

What the heck is the pink service light?
Message 86 of 252
Contributor

Im having the same problem. Can't find the values key. If you find anything can you please repost? 
Message 87 of 252
Contributor

Lol, Nm. control panel--Sounds-- and then double click sounds and click on filesizelimit and then set the value.......just in case if anyone had the same problem. Works awesome! great research man!!!
Message 88 of 252
Contributor

The service light on the top of the phone. Its pink when you make a call or when someone calls you. Its light blue when alarms are on. Its green when fully charged. Its red when charging
Message 89 of 252

I was getting so mad about this. I'm glad you posted this for everybody...
Message 90 of 252
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support