Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 27, 2007
4:03:52 PM
Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack
OK - I have been looking for this for a long time so here it is. I Just got this working and it works perfectly.  You can now play standard MP3 files on your Blackjack II without conversion, regarless of size! 

1. You need a regedit program so download and install one.  I got one here.
  2. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  3. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values
  4. Delete the key of FileSizeLimit
Presto!  Now you can use your MP3s as ringtones without modification.

OK - I have been looking for this for a long time so here it is. I Just got this working and it works perfectly.  You can now play standard MP3 files on your Blackjack II without conversion, regarless of size! 

1. You need a regedit program so download and install one.  I got one here.
  2. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  3. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values
  4. Delete the key of FileSizeLimit
Presto!  Now you can use your MP3s as ringtones without modification.

Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

251 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(251)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2008 6:57:42 PM
(0)
Contributor
I've sync'd my phone, now how do I find this:
2. go into HKEY_Current User-->Control Panel-->sounds?

I'm not very good when it comes to computers... please somebody tell me where to find that? Is it suppose to be on my desktop or on my phone?
I've sync'd my phone, now how do I find this:
2. go into HKEY_Current User-->Control Panel-->sounds?

I'm not very good when it comes to computers... please somebody tell me where to find that? Is it suppose to be on my desktop or on my phone?

Re: Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

151 of 252 (5,945 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2008 9:06:23 PM
(0)
Professor
please take no offense...but if youve already read through the previous posts and still dont know what "2." refers to, perhaps you shouldnt be attemping to edit your registry. the last thing you want to do is brick your phone.....

if not, google "mobile registry editor". also, youll have to app unlock your device in order to make any registry change stick. if you still have problems following this thread, try following the writeup over at i607.org
please take no offense...but if youve already read through the previous posts and still dont know what "2." refers to, perhaps you shouldnt be attemping to edit your registry. the last thing you want to do is brick your phone.....

if not, google "mobile registry editor". also, youll have to app unlock your device in order to make any registry change stick. if you still have problems following this thread, try following the writeup over at i607.org

152 of 252 (5,938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2008 9:12:32 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by JeepinCalifornia on Jun 18, 2008 at 9:13:03 PM
Kathryn,
 You really need to be careful when altering the registry!  Until you read up to learn more on what to do and how to do it, I'd say go here for some good tweaks that don't require "you" to personally mess with the registry. Download the file for "Increasing Max Ringtone Size from 300KB to 25MB," sync with your device, transfer the file to your device, run the file... http://www.myblackjack2.com/category/hacks-and-mods/registry-hacks/

-Aaron

Message Edited by JeepinCalifornia on 06-18-2008 09:13:03 PM
Kathryn,
 You really need to be careful when altering the registry!  Until you read up to learn more on what to do and how to do it, I'd say go here for some good tweaks that don't require "you" to personally mess with the registry. Download the file for "Increasing Max Ringtone Size from 300KB to 25MB," sync with your device, transfer the file to your device, run the file... http://www.myblackjack2.com/category/hacks-and-mods/registry-hacks/

-Aaron

Message Edited by JeepinCalifornia on 06-18-2008 09:13:03 PM

[ Edited ]
153 of 252 (5,937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2008 10:19:51 PM
(0)
Contributor
No offense taken. Thanks guys for all the help. =)
No offense taken. Thanks guys for all the help. =)

154 of 252 (5,930 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2008 12:58:34 PM
(0)
Contributor
I just purchased a BlackJack 2...I have Windows Vista...which I have noticed that the hack Captain America was talking about does not work on a Vista OS computer...I do not have an XP computer...what other REGEDIT programs for mobile devices can I use that are compatible with Windows Vista?? And how do you use them??  Please help me...
I just purchased a BlackJack 2...I have Windows Vista...which I have noticed that the hack Captain America was talking about does not work on a Vista OS computer...I do not have an XP computer...what other REGEDIT programs for mobile devices can I use that are compatible with Windows Vista?? And how do you use them??  Please help me...

155 of 252 (5,850 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2008 12:24:55 AM
(0)
Contributor
I did what you said and deleted the registry key, but now it says that the file has to be less than 0kb. What is the code to restore the key and change the value to a different number?
I did what you said and deleted the registry key, but now it says that the file has to be less than 0kb. What is the code to restore the key and change the value to a different number?

156 of 252 (5,832 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2008 12:35:02 AM
(0)
Mentor

157 of 252 (5,828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2008 6:24:01 AM
(0)
Professor
studaddy:

go find resco explorer. it comes bundled w/ a nice lil registry editor.
total commanders pretty nice too.
studaddy:

go find resco explorer. it comes bundled w/ a nice lil registry editor.
total commanders pretty nice too.

158 of 252 (5,786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2008 6:33:07 PM
(0)
Voyager
 i just bought my blackjack2 and i tried thiss with the registry editor but there is not file that says filesizelimit under the sounds catagory...anyone know what i can do
 i just bought my blackjack2 and i tried thiss with the registry editor but there is not file that says filesizelimit under the sounds catagory...anyone know what i can do

159 of 252 (5,756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2008 1:25:10 AM
(0)
Tutor
QUESTION has anyone find a hack to have music for your message alerts and when you click on the message the song stop or there no work around over that?
QUESTION has anyone find a hack to have music for your message alerts and when you click on the message the song stop or there no work around over that?

160 of 252 (5,326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2008 8:56:24 PM
(0)
Teacher
i downloaded the registry thing, but i dont know how to access the hkey current users type stuff.

i downloaded it, and it made a "phm registry editor" folder. nothing i can actually click on and open and use, (everything is in .rar files) except the "setup.exe" when i open up trhe setup.exe, it just shoes me add/remove programs from my phone....

i downloaded the registry thing, but i dont know how to access the hkey current users type stuff.

i downloaded it, and it made a "phm registry editor" folder. nothing i can actually click on and open and use, (everything is in .rar files) except the "setup.exe" when i open up trhe setup.exe, it just shoes me add/remove programs from my phone....

161 of 252 (7,188 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2008 8:53:20 PM
(0)
Contributor
i have the same problem . i cant set ringtones for certain people . how do you put your contacts on the outlook format ?? or how do i set ringtones for different people ?
i have the same problem . i cant set ringtones for certain people . how do you put your contacts on the outlook format ?? or how do i set ringtones for different people ?

162 of 252 (7,109 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2008 8:59:38 PM
(0)
Contributor
is there a way how to put all of your sim contacts as outlook contacts without doing a new contact in outlook and having the same person twice ?/
is there a way how to put all of your sim contacts as outlook contacts without doing a new contact in outlook and having the same person twice ?/

163 of 252 (7,109 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2008 7:37:30 PM
(0)
Contributor
Im having some trouble syncing my bj2 on to my pc it says unable to connect or phone device not found what can i do im trying to do this so i can remove the limit for ringtones. thanks in advance

Im having some trouble syncing my bj2 on to my pc it says unable to connect or phone device not found what can i do im trying to do this so i can remove the limit for ringtones. thanks in advance

164 of 252 (7,060 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2008 11:31:50 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by prego1107 on Jul 22, 2008 at 11:39:45 AM
I'm new at this, and I tried to download the hack but during the installation process, a pop-up says, "There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Is there any way you could assist me with this problem?

Message Edited by prego1107 on 07-22-2008 01:39:45 PM
I'm new at this, and I tried to download the hack but during the installation process, a pop-up says, "There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Is there any way you could assist me with this problem?

Message Edited by prego1107 on 07-22-2008 01:39:45 PM

[ Edited ]
165 of 252 (6,975 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2008 4:20:37 PM
(0)
Contributor
WOW ppl don't praise this guy he probably got the info from another site heres a few that are great for your modding needs if you need help then well im on them all

www.Blackjackusers.com  
http://www.modaco.com/
www.i607.org (it has hacks that can be used on the i607 and i617)
WOW ppl don't praise this guy he probably got the info from another site heres a few that are great for your modding needs if you need help then well im on them all

www.Blackjackusers.com  
http://www.modaco.com/
www.i607.org (it has hacks that can be used on the i607 and i617)

166 of 252 (6,955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2008 11:05:34 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by pms_n_azn on Aug 11, 2008 at 11:09:20 AM
Hey, i was wondering if theres a program for Mac users to change the ringtone limit on the blackjack 2?
Or am i able to use this program??

Message Edited by pms_n_azn on 08-11-2008 11:09:20 AM
Hey, i was wondering if theres a program for Mac users to change the ringtone limit on the blackjack 2?

[ Edited ]
167 of 252 (6,600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2008 6:33:13 PM
(0)
Tutor
i read your posts, can u tell me the web address to download the free mobile registry 1v1.
i read your posts, can u tell me the web address to download the free mobile registry 1v1.

168 of 252 (6,576 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2008 5:46:53 PM
(0)
Contributor
hey
i juss got a new blackberry and i love it [itspinkk]
so i came across this and i got as far as the download and control panel
and then sound after sound i dont see value
can u explain were to go from here

PS i dont see the "value!!!" helpp
hey
i juss got a new blackberry and i love it [itspinkk]
so i came across this and i got as far as the download and control panel
and then sound after sound i dont see value
can u explain were to go from here

PS i dont see the "value!!!" helpp

169 of 252 (6,453 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2008 2:44:38 AM
(0)
Professor

pms_n_azn wrote:

it doesnt matter which platform you sync your phone to, as the registry youll be editing is on the phone, and not your mac. it would be different if you were trying to edit your registry remotely using your mac, but thats not the case here.

pms_n_azn wrote:

it doesnt matter which platform you sync your phone to, as the registry youll be editing is on the phone, and not your mac. it would be different if you were trying to edit your registry remotely using your mac, but thats not the case here.

170 of 252 (6,427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2008 3:12:27 AM
(0)
Contributor
just did the hack.

You just open the file from your desktop on your computer, your phone must be plugged into the usb.  Then Mobile Registry opens up your registry.  I changed the value to 4000000000 or 4 billion.  The max it will do is like 469..... it will actually tell you the max value when you type too many digits.  not sure if any of this is clarified but i'm not going through 17 pages of this. 
just did the hack.

You just open the file from your desktop on your computer, your phone must be plugged into the usb.  Then Mobile Registry opens up your registry.  I changed the value to 4000000000 or 4 billion.  The max it will do is like 469..... it will actually tell you the max value when you type too many digits.  not sure if any of this is clarified but i'm not going through 17 pages of this. 

171 of 252 (5,654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2008 8:31:44 PM
(0)
Tutor
Do i have to have a memory card to set my mp3s as ringtones. i dont have one yet and i just synced a few songs to the phone memory im guessing......
Do i have to have a memory card to set my mp3s as ringtones. i dont have one yet and i just synced a few songs to the phone memory im guessing......

172 of 252 (5,538 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2008 9:24:05 PM
(0)
Teacher
my too on which download - the seduction part. I however have a BJI w/ WM6. The windows upgrade reduced the file size on ringtones where WM5 didn't. So glad to see this fix now I can use the ringtone I'm used too.  You da man Captain America

I was a little confused on the "value" button issue though untill I saw someone mention to double click the little ab button.
my too on which download - the seduction part. I however have a BJI w/ WM6. The windows upgrade reduced the file size on ringtones where WM5 didn't. So glad to see this fix now I can use the ringtone I'm used too.  You da man Captain America

I was a little confused on the "value" button issue though untill I saw someone mention to double click the little ab button.

173 of 252 (5,487 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2008 8:22:41 AM
(0)
Tutor
OK I downloaded the hack from the link provided, but i when i transferred it to my BJ2, it only shows me the liscense agreement in a word doc. PLEASE HELP ME ...thanks. Smiley Sad
OK I downloaded the hack from the link provided, but i when i transferred it to my BJ2, it only shows me the liscense agreement in a word doc. PLEASE HELP ME ...thanks. Smiley Sad

174 of 252 (5,430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2008 9:31:19 PM
(0)
Contributor
I downloaded Mobile Registry 1.1 and it was sooo easy!  Thank you!   I was so disappointed when I first got the phone and realized that mp3's couldn't be used for ringtones.  This fixes that.........
I downloaded Mobile Registry 1.1 and it was sooo easy!  Thank you!   I was so disappointed when I first got the phone and realized that mp3's couldn't be used for ringtones.  This fixes that.........

175 of 252 (5,332 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2008 9:38:58 AM
(0)
Explorer
wow thank you sooo much Captain America!!
it worked!
I actually have the BJ1 with WM6 on it and I gotta tell ya I am a computer nub! lolSmiley Tongue
I was surprised on how easy it was!
thank you! =)
wow thank you sooo much Captain America!!
it worked!
I actually have the BJ1 with WM6 on it and I gotta tell ya I am a computer nub! lolSmiley Tongue
I was surprised on how easy it was!
thank you! =)

176 of 252 (5,157 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2008 10:23:17 AM
(0)
Mentor
I found the easiest way to hack the ringtone limitation. Somebody have been developing 'JackTweak' which is a special hacking software for exclusively Samsung BlackJack.

http://www.careace.net/contents_careace.aspx?did=169&pid=2

It also has features that 'Reset the recent program list', 'Change rington size', 'Set system Cashe size to 1MB', 'Set graphic cache limit to 32MB'

However, remember! you need to unlock application to use all the features.
I found the easiest way to hack the ringtone limitation. Somebody have been developing 'JackTweak' which is a special hacking software for exclusively Samsung BlackJack.

http://www.careace.net/contents_careace.aspx?did=169&pid=2

It also has features that 'Reset the recent program list', 'Change rington size', 'Set system Cashe size to 1MB', 'Set graphic cache limit to 32MB'

However, remember! you need to unlock application to use all the features.

177 of 252 (5,096 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2008 1:01:27 PM
(0)
Contributor
Hi, my phone does the same thing. But I do not understand how to change it.
Hi, my phone does the same thing. But I do not understand how to change it.

178 of 252 (5,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2008 6:53:20 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by 1&only on Sep 11, 2008 at 7:11:39 PM
Thanks CaptainAmerica!
Your directions worked perfectly on my WM 6.1 upgraded Blackjack II. The only thing that happened was when I followed your directions and deleted the values and tried to leave it blank, it said the ringtone could not be bigger than 0 kb's. I went back and instead of leaving it blank, I put in something like 40200000 and it worked WONDERFULLY!!! =)

Message Edited by 1&only on 09-11-2008 07:11:39 PM
Thanks CaptainAmerica!
Your directions worked perfectly on my WM 6.1 upgraded Blackjack II. The only thing that happened was when I followed your directions and deleted the values and tried to leave it blank, it said the ringtone could not be bigger than 0 kb's. I went back and instead of leaving it blank, I put in something like 40200000 and it worked WONDERFULLY!!! =)

Message Edited by 1&only on 09-11-2008 07:11:39 PM

[ Edited ]
179 of 252 (4,987 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2008 1:43:33 PM
(0)
Contributor
hey a put that program in mi blackjack 2 and i cant install it y cant open it it seys :
Aler there is not application associated with phmregedit. run the application first and then open this file inside the application...
hey a put that program in mi blackjack 2 and i cant install it y cant open it it seys :
Aler there is not application associated with phmregedit. run the application first and then open this file inside the application...

180 of 252 (4,932 Views)