Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

OK - I have been looking for this for a long time so here it is. I Just got this working and it works perfectly.  You can now play standard MP3 files on your Blackjack II without conversion, regarless of size! 

1. You need a regedit program so download and install one.  I got one here.
  2. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  3. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values
  4. Delete the key of FileSizeLimit
Presto!  Now you can use your MP3s as ringtones without modification.

Message 1 of 252 (110,104 Views)
Explorer

Re: Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

Not familiar with Total Commander.  If you use the Mobil Registry 1.1 suggested...when you plug in the phone, and open the program...it will automatically come up on your computer screen with the registry...proceed from there.
Message 61 of 252 (12,617 Views)
Contributor

So yea im mentally challenged cause i have no idea how to get this to install. want to help me out?
Message 62 of 252 (12,595 Views)
Explorer

Connect your phone to your computer and doubleclick on the .exe file in the folder where you put MRE 1.1 and it should open up a screen with the registry...follow the path given until you end up at the filesize =300000 and change it.
Message 63 of 252 (12,583 Views)
Contributor

Now I'm getting a "timeout error".  I thought I was rolling but I'm stuck again.  Anyone know what this means??
Message 64 of 252 (12,570 Views)
Contributor

yep so where do i put the file on my phone or on my comp?
Message 65 of 252 (12,566 Views)
Explorer

comp
Message 66 of 252 (12,528 Views)
Contributor

Ok Captain I downloaded the program and I'm having trouble finding the HKEY menu is it on my phone or the program itself.

Message 67 of 252 (12,507 Views)
Tutor

it's in the program ^^
Message 68 of 252 (12,497 Views)
Explorer

[ Edited ]
One more try Smiley Happy

Download Mobil Registry 1.1 to a folder on your computer.

Install the sync software on your computer from the cd that comes with the phone.  See the instructions if you have any questions. (not required on Vista systems)

Connect the phone to your computer.

Be sure that the sync software shows your phone to be connected.

Go to the folder where you downloaded the MRE software and double click on the MRE.EXE file in the folder.

On your computer screen, you should see a window showing the phone registery.

1. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  2. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values

Click on the + beside HKEY_Current User

Then click on the + beside ControlPanel, then the + beside Sounds

When you see the Values button, click on it.

When you see the box on the right hand side with filesize with a value of 300000 in it...change that value to something much larger.  I think 10,000,000 will cover just about any file you put in the phone for a ringtone.  Then leave the program.

Note that I think Captain America was deleting the filesize altogether...this is not the same as changing the value from 300000 to zero.....I know it has worked the way I delineated for many including myself.

Also note that all work is done on your computer screen....the phone is a passive player in this change.

Then you have to transfer the ringtones you desire to the My Sounds folder on your phone.  I am assuming you can also put it on a storage card, but, I am waiting on one that I ordered so I can not be positive.

Message Edited by Strawdawg on 01-02-2008 06:29:51 PM
Message 69 of 252 (12,483 Views)

Thanks!!!  That's awesome.  What else can I unlock or change that might benefit me on the phone?  Can I unlock the GPS to work with Google Maps and Microsoft Live this way?
Message 70 of 252 (12,414 Views)
Explorer

Google works fine for me with no hacks or unlocking....just download it and go.  It may not work indoors due to lack of signal altho it often does if you are by a window.  May take two or three minutes before it reports the satellites found.
Message 71 of 252 (13,311 Views)

that's what a lot of people are saying.  i'll keep trying.  is there anything else that the Mobile Registry Editor would be good for?  Thanks again for your help!
Message 72 of 252 (13,310 Views)
Explorer

I guess it depends what you are trying to do and if a Registry change is required.  Reading some of the other boards may give you a better idea.  I am pretty new to smartphones/pdas Smiley Happy
Message 73 of 252 (13,303 Views)
Contributor

Oh, CaptainAmerica, you are THE man!!!  I had to use the Mobile Registry Editor though cause that PHM was not working for me.  LOVIN' this!!  Sensual seduction... seduction.... seduction... sensual seduction...
Message 74 of 252 (13,094 Views)
Voyager

[ Edited ]
I keep getting a "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)." error message when trying to run moblie reg editor v1.1 program.  Do I need to install anything else besides the MS .NET Framework?   Tried to use the PHM editor but, like other people who posted above, I could not get it work either.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

***Never mind...I was doing this for my brother and he said that he had installed the .NET framework...but he didn't.  Downloaded and installed the .NET framework and all is well.

Message Edited by lil_dragon on 01-14-2008 09:48:15 AM
Message 75 of 252 (13,057 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support