Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

OK - I have been looking for this for a long time so here it is. I Just got this working and it works perfectly.  You can now play standard MP3 files on your Blackjack II without conversion, regarless of size! 

1. You need a regedit program so download and install one.  I got one here.
  2. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  3. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values
  4. Delete the key of FileSizeLimit
Presto!  Now you can use your MP3s as ringtones without modification.

Message 1 of 252
Contributor

Re: Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

I googled MOBILE REGISTRY EDITOR v1.1 and downloaded it to my pc and it worked perfect. It runs on the pc so you dont have to install anything on the phone .
Message 31 of 252
Mentor

wireblackjack, that worked perfectly.
Message 32 of 252
Teacher

Live got me MOBILE REGISTRY EDITOR v1.1 and I followed the steps.  My standard MP3 is now my ring tone

Thanks!
Message 33 of 252
Mentor

I just got my BlackJackII.  I want to do the hack so i can do the mp3 ringtone thing.  My problem is that i can't get the registry editor to download on to my PC to accomplish this.  Could someone please offer some advice.

Thanks
Message 34 of 252
Tutor

I hope someone can help me. I read the first posting, and I have my blackjack II connected to my pc and i have installed the ringtone program. But when the first posting says: 
  1. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  2. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values
  3. Delete the key of FileSizeLimit

Where do I find this at, I don't really know where to go. Any help would be great thanks

Message 35 of 252
Mentor

I figured out the problem. For whatever reason, i could not use any editor with windows Vista.  Once i installed the active sync on my mom's PC which was still running XP, I had no problems doing the edit.   The instructions worked like a charm!
Message 36 of 252
Tutor

Hey wicked blackjack,

I download the mobile registry editor  that you did. Can you tell me what exactly I do so I can use mp3 as ringtones. Right now I am under Sounds but I don't know where to go from here. Any help would be great!

Thanks
Message 37 of 252
Contributor

I just brought BJ II and I read your post but I cannot download PMH on my computer. I am using windows vista and I also want to know how do I individualize my ringtones on this phone?
Message 38 of 252
Mentor

ebinyrn24,

I have vista, and I had the same problem with the PMH not working.  I fould that it worked perfectly on a computer still running XP.  Maybe you could use a friends computer.  I think with the download, and finding everything it took 20 minutes tops. 
Message 39 of 252
Tutor

Ok I had tried the other program which does not work at all use this one instead....  http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-and-Shell/Windows/Mobile-Registry-Editor-10636.shtml   the name of the program is Mobile Registry Editor its a great program for being able to use mp3 as ringtones. Once you have d/l the program. The program will be saved as a zip file you can save that do your desktop first then you will double click the zip file and unzip it, I saved mine into my program files.Once you have saved it to your program files...then connect your data cable for your phone to the computer and then to your phone, then open up the mobile registry editor program.. once you have it opened go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER(click the blue arrow next to it to pull down the menu)then you should see control panel(click the blue arrow next to that for the menu)then to sounds(again click the blue arrow next to that for the menu)once you are under sounds go down until you see KnownCallerRing0(click it once)then to the right you will see a icon with ab(default)   string     0  now double click on ab(default)a box opens up and it says at the top edit string...at the bottom where it says value data paste in 16000000 bytes then click ok then you can close the editor.   That is it you are done, I would make sure you rename your mp3 with the actual name of the song as its easier to find. Give it a 5 minutes and then you can go under settings sounds and ringtone and your mp3 should be there.
Message 40 of 252
Contributor

hey can you do this with a mac i dont have a pc
Message 41 of 252
Contributor

am I able to do this with a mac
Message 42 of 252
Tutor

I looked around for one to use for a mac and I could not seem to find one that does not mean that there is not one out there though. Sorry
Message 43 of 252
Contributor

Hey i just got the blackjack 2 and I wanted to change my ringtone, the way yall stated early. I download the PHM Registry Editor to my computer, but how do i go about geting it on my phone, and use the thing? Please a little help thanks.
Message 44 of 252
Tutor

You don't have to get the registry editor on your phone you have to connect the usb cable that came with the blackjack II and hook it to the phone and the computer then open the program and do extactly what the person said on the very first message on page 1. Hope this helps
Message 45 of 252
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support