Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 27, 2007
4:03:52 PM
Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack
OK - I have been looking for this for a long time so here it is. I Just got this working and it works perfectly.  You can now play standard MP3 files on your Blackjack II without conversion, regarless of size! 

1. You need a regedit program so download and install one.  I got one here.
  2. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  3. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values
  4. Delete the key of FileSizeLimit
Presto!  Now you can use your MP3s as ringtones without modification.

OK - I have been looking for this for a long time so here it is. I Just got this working and it works perfectly.  You can now play standard MP3 files on your Blackjack II without conversion, regarless of size! 

1. You need a regedit program so download and install one.  I got one here.
  2. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  3. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values
  4. Delete the key of FileSizeLimit
Presto!  Now you can use your MP3s as ringtones without modification.

Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

251 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(251)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2008 10:42:45 AM
(0)
Explorer
Not familiar with Total Commander.  If you use the Mobil Registry 1.1 suggested...when you plug in the phone, and open the program...it will automatically come up on your computer screen with the registry...proceed from there.
Not familiar with Total Commander.  If you use the Mobil Registry 1.1 suggested...when you plug in the phone, and open the program...it will automatically come up on your computer screen with the registry...proceed from there.

Re: Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

61 of 252 (12,582 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2008 5:59:15 PM
(0)
Contributor
So yea im mentally challenged cause i have no idea how to get this to install. want to help me out?
So yea im mentally challenged cause i have no idea how to get this to install. want to help me out?

62 of 252 (12,560 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2008 6:47:29 PM
(0)
Explorer

Connect your phone to your computer and doubleclick on the .exe file in the folder where you put MRE 1.1 and it should open up a screen with the registry...follow the path given until you end up at the filesize =300000 and change it.

Connect your phone to your computer and doubleclick on the .exe file in the folder where you put MRE 1.1 and it should open up a screen with the registry...follow the path given until you end up at the filesize =300000 and change it.

63 of 252 (12,548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2008 8:46:59 PM
(0)
Contributor
Now I'm getting a "timeout error".  I thought I was rolling but I'm stuck again.  Anyone know what this means??
Now I'm getting a "timeout error".  I thought I was rolling but I'm stuck again.  Anyone know what this means??

64 of 252 (12,535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2008 9:07:39 PM
(0)
Contributor
yep so where do i put the file on my phone or on my comp?
yep so where do i put the file on my phone or on my comp?

65 of 252 (12,531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2008 6:36:24 AM
(0)
Explorer
comp
comp

66 of 252 (12,493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2008 11:33:35 AM
(0)
Contributor
Ok Captain I downloaded the program and I'm having trouble finding the HKEY menu is it on my phone or the program itself.

Ok Captain I downloaded the program and I'm having trouble finding the HKEY menu is it on my phone or the program itself.

67 of 252 (12,472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2008 2:26:18 PM
(0)
Tutor
it's in the program ^^
it's in the program ^^

68 of 252 (12,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2008 4:28:16 PM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by Strawdawg on Jan 2, 2008 at 4:29:51 PM
One more try Smiley Happy

Download Mobil Registry 1.1 to a folder on your computer.

Install the sync software on your computer from the cd that comes with the phone.  See the instructions if you have any questions. (not required on Vista systems)

Connect the phone to your computer.

Be sure that the sync software shows your phone to be connected.

Go to the folder where you downloaded the MRE software and double click on the MRE.EXE file in the folder.

On your computer screen, you should see a window showing the phone registery.

1. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  2. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values

Click on the + beside HKEY_Current User

Then click on the + beside ControlPanel, then the + beside Sounds

When you see the Values button, click on it.

When you see the box on the right hand side with filesize with a value of 300000 in it...change that value to something much larger.  I think 10,000,000 will cover just about any file you put in the phone for a ringtone.  Then leave the program.

Note that I think Captain America was deleting the filesize altogether...this is not the same as changing the value from 300000 to zero.....I know it has worked the way I delineated for many including myself.

Also note that all work is done on your computer screen....the phone is a passive player in this change.

Then you have to transfer the ringtones you desire to the My Sounds folder on your phone.  I am assuming you can also put it on a storage card, but, I am waiting on one that I ordered so I can not be positive.

Message Edited by Strawdawg on 01-02-2008 06:29:51 PM
One more try Smiley Happy

Download Mobil Registry 1.1 to a folder on your computer.

Install the sync software on your computer from the cd that comes with the phone.  See the instructions if you have any questions. (not required on Vista systems)

Connect the phone to your computer.

Be sure that the sync software shows your phone to be connected.

Go to the folder where you downloaded the MRE software and double click on the MRE.EXE file in the folder.

On your computer screen, you should see a window showing the phone registery.

1. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  2. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values

Click on the + beside HKEY_Current User

Then click on the + beside ControlPanel, then the + beside Sounds

When you see the Values button, click on it.

When you see the box on the right hand side with filesize with a value of 300000 in it...change that value to something much larger.  I think 10,000,000 will cover just about any file you put in the phone for a ringtone.  Then leave the program.

Note that I think Captain America was deleting the filesize altogether...this is not the same as changing the value from 300000 to zero.....I know it has worked the way I delineated for many including myself.

Also note that all work is done on your computer screen....the phone is a passive player in this change.

Then you have to transfer the ringtones you desire to the My Sounds folder on your phone.  I am assuming you can also put it on a storage card, but, I am waiting on one that I ordered so I can not be positive.

Message Edited by Strawdawg on 01-02-2008 06:29:51 PM

[ Edited ]
69 of 252 (12,448 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2008 9:04:07 AM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks!!!  That's awesome.  What else can I unlock or change that might benefit me on the phone?  Can I unlock the GPS to work with Google Maps and Microsoft Live this way?
Thanks!!!  That's awesome.  What else can I unlock or change that might benefit me on the phone?  Can I unlock the GPS to work with Google Maps and Microsoft Live this way?

70 of 252 (12,379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2008 10:01:24 AM
(0)
Explorer
Google works fine for me with no hacks or unlocking....just download it and go.  It may not work indoors due to lack of signal altho it often does if you are by a window.  May take two or three minutes before it reports the satellites found.
Google works fine for me with no hacks or unlocking....just download it and go.  It may not work indoors due to lack of signal altho it often does if you are by a window.  May take two or three minutes before it reports the satellites found.

71 of 252 (13,276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2008 10:09:07 AM
(0)
Tutor
that's what a lot of people are saying.  i'll keep trying.  is there anything else that the Mobile Registry Editor would be good for?  Thanks again for your help!
that's what a lot of people are saying.  i'll keep trying.  is there anything else that the Mobile Registry Editor would be good for?  Thanks again for your help!

72 of 252 (13,275 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2008 10:41:04 AM
(0)
Explorer
I guess it depends what you are trying to do and if a Registry change is required.  Reading some of the other boards may give you a better idea.  I am pretty new to smartphones/pdas Smiley Happy
I guess it depends what you are trying to do and if a Registry change is required.  Reading some of the other boards may give you a better idea.  I am pretty new to smartphones/pdas Smiley Happy

73 of 252 (13,268 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2008 10:36:46 AM
(0)
Contributor
Oh, CaptainAmerica, you are THE man!!!  I had to use the Mobile Registry Editor though cause that PHM was not working for me.  LOVIN' this!!  Sensual seduction... seduction.... seduction... sensual seduction...
Oh, CaptainAmerica, you are THE man!!!  I had to use the Mobile Registry Editor though cause that PHM was not working for me.  LOVIN' this!!  Sensual seduction... seduction.... seduction... sensual seduction...

74 of 252 (13,059 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2008 12:44:46 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by lil_dragon on Jan 14, 2008 at 9:48:15 AM
I keep getting a "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)." error message when trying to run moblie reg editor v1.1 program.  Do I need to install anything else besides the MS .NET Framework?   Tried to use the PHM editor but, like other people who posted above, I could not get it work either.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

***Never mind...I was doing this for my brother and he said that he had installed the .NET framework...but he didn't.  Downloaded and installed the .NET framework and all is well.

Message Edited by lil_dragon on 01-14-2008 09:48:15 AM
I keep getting a "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)." error message when trying to run moblie reg editor v1.1 program.  Do I need to install anything else besides the MS .NET Framework?   Tried to use the PHM editor but, like other people who posted above, I could not get it work either.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

***Never mind...I was doing this for my brother and he said that he had installed the .NET framework...but he didn't.  Downloaded and installed the .NET framework and all is well.

Message Edited by lil_dragon on 01-14-2008 09:48:15 AM

[ Edited ]
75 of 252 (13,022 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2008 9:37:15 PM
(0)
Teacher
That works! Thanks a lot!
That works! Thanks a lot!

76 of 252 (12,975 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2008 11:33:56 PM
(0)
Voyager
Is it possible though to continue to try and set up the ring tones from your Storage Card, or will I only have the option of storing the file on my actual phone/device. I'd prefer to host the files on my storage card considering I plan to have a number of them available to me as various ringtones for different individuals. However, if it's on the device, this is going to severely limit me. Is this my only choice at this time?
Is it possible though to continue to try and set up the ring tones from your Storage Card, or will I only have the option of storing the file on my actual phone/device. I'd prefer to host the files on my storage card considering I plan to have a number of them available to me as various ringtones for different individuals. However, if it's on the device, this is going to severely limit me. Is this my only choice at this time?

77 of 252 (12,962 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2008 5:15:13 PM
(0)
Teacher

SDCN1234 wrote:

I setup  Facade and Photo Contacts PRO - than after  increasing file size i receive opportunity to add special sounds(over 300) and pics from my card. For you just for managing contacts i guess would be  enough to setup only Photo Contacts...
I hope this would help you..   

SDCN1234 wrote:

I setup  Facade and Photo Contacts PRO - than after  increasing file size i receive opportunity to add special sounds(over 300) and pics from my card. For you just for managing contacts i guess would be  enough to setup only Photo Contacts...
I hope this would help you..   

78 of 252 (12,921 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2008 10:13:24 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have looked through all that I can. I did the following: currentuser -> control panel -> sounds, but I cannot find this "value" key or option. I tried the knowncallerring0 like somebody suggested, but that did not work for me. I am using a blackjack II, just got it a couple of days ago. If someone could give me some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I have looked through all that I can. I did the following: currentuser -> control panel -> sounds, but I cannot find this "value" key or option. I tried the knowncallerring0 like somebody suggested, but that did not work for me. I am using a blackjack II, just got it a couple of days ago. If someone could give me some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

79 of 252 (12,820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2008 6:56:37 PM
(0)
Contributor
^^^^^^^^^Same i just tried for like 20 mins straight and it still not workin for me either still gives the 300kb error message and i used the mobile reg v1.1 as well
^^^^^^^^^Same i just tried for like 20 mins straight and it still not workin for me either still gives the 300kb error message and i used the mobile reg v1.1 as well

80 of 252 (12,684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2008 7:18:44 PM
(0)
Contributor
nvm found a fix.....go into the registry just like it says above in the other posts and instead of  clicking on "sounds" and going to the "knowncaller0" just click on sounds and on the right there will be a "file size limit Dword" with a number limit of somehere in the 34000 or somtin range.  Just click on "filesize" and change it to 6144000 thatll give you about 6 mbs to work with and then just go under sounds in your phone and hit set as ringtone and you should be good to go.....Thanks to whoeve started this thread and all who contributed
nvm found a fix.....go into the registry just like it says above in the other posts and instead of  clicking on "sounds" and going to the "knowncaller0" just click on sounds and on the right there will be a "file size limit Dword" with a number limit of somehere in the 34000 or somtin range.  Just click on "filesize" and change it to 6144000 thatll give you about 6 mbs to work with and then just go under sounds in your phone and hit set as ringtone and you should be good to go.....Thanks to whoeve started this thread and all who contributed

81 of 252 (15,072 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2008 12:43:30 PM
(0)
Contributor
I cannot seem to get this file to work on my pc. Is there something that I might be doing incorrectly?
I cannot seem to get this file to work on my pc. Is there something that I might be doing incorrectly?

82 of 252 (15,015 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2008 6:18:04 AM
(0)
Voyager
I did the exact same then here. D/L'ed mobile registry editor v. 1.1 and presto.  I was done in 30 secs. Hassle free.  Thanx for the hack all.
I did the exact same then here. D/L'ed mobile registry editor v. 1.1 and presto.  I was done in 30 secs. Hassle free.  Thanx for the hack all.

83 of 252 (14,949 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2008 4:26:29 PM
(0)
Guru
I downloaded the reigestry thingy...  I opened it up...  Error..  It says it can't open...

Is there a 2nd way to fix it?  I have a blackjack 1, and then I upgraded to WM6 and then I get this 300kb error...  stupid microsoft, why did you change it?

So is there another way around it?
I downloaded the reigestry thingy...  I opened it up...  Error..  It says it can't open...

Is there a 2nd way to fix it?  I have a blackjack 1, and then I upgraded to WM6 and then I get this 300kb error...  stupid microsoft, why did you change it?

So is there another way around it?

84 of 252 (14,907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2008 5:06:03 PM
(0)
Contributor
USING THIS PROGRAM IS THERE ANYWAY TO CHANGE THE PINK SERVICE LIGHT

THANKS

OR IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO CHANGE THE PINK SERVICE LIGHT

THANKS

85 of 252 (14,901 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2008 5:34:39 PM
(0)
Guru

tim45678 wrote:

THANKS

What the heck is the pink service light?

tim45678 wrote:

THANKS

What the heck is the pink service light?

86 of 252 (14,889 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2008 5:38:44 PM
(0)
Contributor
Im having the same problem. Can't find the values key. If you find anything can you please repost? 
Im having the same problem. Can't find the values key. If you find anything can you please repost? 

87 of 252 (14,886 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2008 5:56:10 PM
(0)
Contributor
Lol, Nm. control panel--Sounds-- and then double click sounds and click on filesizelimit and then set the value.......just in case if anyone had the same problem. Works awesome! great research man!!!
Lol, Nm. control panel--Sounds-- and then double click sounds and click on filesizelimit and then set the value.......just in case if anyone had the same problem. Works awesome! great research man!!!

88 of 252 (14,876 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2008 7:36:01 PM
(0)
Contributor
The service light on the top of the phone. Its pink when you make a call or when someone calls you. Its light blue when alarms are on. Its green when fully charged. Its red when charging
The service light on the top of the phone. Its pink when you make a call or when someone calls you. Its light blue when alarms are on. Its green when fully charged. Its red when charging

89 of 252 (14,864 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2008 9:13:16 PM
(0)
Tutor
I was getting so mad about this. I'm glad you posted this for everybody...
I was getting so mad about this. I'm glad you posted this for everybody...

90 of 252 (14,838 Views)