Helpful Links

Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

OK - I have been looking for this for a long time so here it is. I Just got this working and it works perfectly.  You can now play standard MP3 files on your Blackjack II without conversion, regarless of size! 

1. You need a regedit program so download and install one.  I got one here.
  2. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  3. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values
  4. Delete the key of FileSizeLimit
Presto!  Now you can use your MP3s as ringtones without modification.

Message 1 of 252

Re: Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

got it working, the thing that threw me off, if you go to the file and click edit > set as ringtone, I still get the 'must be smaller than 300kb', but if I go to settings >> sounds and add it, it works.

thanks!

Message Edited by xheartlessxherox on 12-01-2007 02:05:01 AM
Message 16 of 252

Interesting.  Thanks for that clarification.
Message 17 of 252
Contributor

ok i just bought the black jack 2....i don't get any of this....

so can i make my own ringtones...or do i have to buy them? if so...how can i make my own ringtones from my own music....do i create the ringtone on the phone or on the pc and then transfer it to the phone. Sorry this is my first blackjack and windows mobile phone.

thanks.

Message 18 of 252

Nope, that's the beauty of this hack.  If you have normal MP3 files that you play on your computer or music player, you can use those MP3's as ringtones.  You don't need to create anything that you dont already own.  Now here's the bad news.... WM6 has created a limitation of only 300kb per MP3 file.  However, most MP3 songs are between 3-5MB each so that creates a problem.  The hack that I posted on the first page is how you get around this.   Two words of caution: Messing with your system registry can screw up your phone if you don't know what you're doing.   Secondly, I would read all of the posts in this thread.  Your milage may vary... Smiley Happy

P.S.  The BJ-II is awesome!!!
Message 19 of 252
Contributor

OK, I got into the registry and eliminated the size limit.  When I go into the ringtones none of the MP3's I've loaded on the phone appear.  Any suggestions?  I'm using a Blackjack II.

Message Edited by iconxl on 12-01-2007 05:52:50 PM

Message Edited by iconxl on 12-01-2007 05:56:00 PM
Message 20 of 252
Contributor

im am new to the blackjack II and i would like to get the hack for the ringtones but i am unsure if i need to download it to my computer first then down load it to the blackjack ...i would like to download it stright to the blackjack please advise

thanks

Message 21 of 252

If you follow the instructions percisely on the fist post of this thread, you'll be OK.
Message 22 of 252
Contributor

OK well I tried what was said and deleted the whole line item and it now says file size has to be 0 .. is there any way to put it back ? can someone post the registry line so i can reinstall it .Any other suggestions would be great

Message 23 of 252
Scholar

Wicked Blackjack wrote:
OK well I tried what was said and deleted the whole line item and it now says file size has to be 0 .. is there any way to put it back ? can someone post the registry line so i can reinstall it .Any other suggestions would be great

I would like to put the registry line back in as well & just change the value to a higher number.  If anyone can provide the exact key name, type, and size, that would be spectacular!
Message 24 of 252
Contributor

I did the same thing, but luckily I remembered the name and I have had a little experience at REGEDIT so I was able to put it back. To get the FileSizeLimit back in, go back to where you deleted it HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> ControlPanel -> Sounds. Right click on the right-hand window pane, choose NEW and DWORD Value.  In Value Name type FileSizeLimit, in Value Data type in something like 10240000 which will give you 10MB of space.

Message 25 of 252
Contributor

Well i followed your advice readded the string and changed the value  and i tested it with a Halo Mp3 and it worked .! Im soooo excited . Now time to add my ringtones to my phone . * Custom Mp3 RingTones Rock *

Thanks again everyone

Message 26 of 252
Scholar

booboo53 wrote:

...choose NEW and DWORD Value....

That is exactly what I was looking for.  I knew the key name & that the value did not matter, but I was unsure if it was a DWORD.

Thanks!
Message 27 of 252
Mentor

ugh.. im stuck on step one Smiley Sad

I tried installing the PHM regedit for desktop installer (via ActiveSync) but after I installed it onto my computer, the program does not show up in the add/remove programs in ActiveSync.... Im probably just doing something wrong....

any help?

my bj2 works perfectly with active sync by the way
Message 28 of 252

I think it may depend on where you install it.  In my case, I put it on the SDCard so I used the file browser on the phone, went to the SD Card->Program Files->PHM tools->highlight regedit and it launches.
Message 29 of 252
Teacher

i had the same problem.  read message #5. that should help
Message 30 of 252
Share this topic
Announcements

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus is Here! Learn What’s New and How to Order

The Apple Watch Series 3 is Here! Learn how to have the freedom to go with just your watch!

The iPhone X (10) is on it's way!

Additional Support