Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 27, 2007
4:03:52 PM
Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack
OK - I have been looking for this for a long time so here it is. I Just got this working and it works perfectly.  You can now play standard MP3 files on your Blackjack II without conversion, regarless of size! 

1. You need a regedit program so download and install one.  I got one here.
  2. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  3. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values
  4. Delete the key of FileSizeLimit
Presto!  Now you can use your MP3s as ringtones without modification.

OK - I have been looking for this for a long time so here it is. I Just got this working and it works perfectly.  You can now play standard MP3 files on your Blackjack II without conversion, regarless of size! 

1. You need a regedit program so download and install one.  I got one here.
  2. Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds
  3. Then hit the "Values" button to display the values
  4. Delete the key of FileSizeLimit
Presto!  Now you can use your MP3s as ringtones without modification.

Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

251 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(251)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2009 9:13:35 AM
(0)
Contributor
thanks so much man. you really helped. i was worried i messed up my phone. its new so i was freakin out.
thanks so much man. you really helped. i was worried i messed up my phone. its new so i was freakin out.

Re: Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb - here's the hack

241 of 252 (4,643 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2009 7:46:41 PM
(0)
Contributor
for some reason i cant download the registry. i all ready try all of the ones that they give here and still cant do it. can some one help me because im not to good with computers.
for some reason i cant download the registry. i all ready try all of the ones that they give here and still cant do it. can some one help me because im not to good with computers.

242 of 252 (4,579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2009 11:07:54 PM
(0)
Scholar

waldo10 wrote:

Waldo, I wrote an easier to follow step-by-step, picture-based guide on the LG section of the forum a little while back. You can find it here. The listed method works on all Windows Mobile 5 and 6 based devices including the BlackJack II. Enjoy.

waldo10 wrote:

Waldo, I wrote an easier to follow step-by-step, picture-based guide on the LG section of the forum a little while back. You can find it here. The listed method works on all Windows Mobile 5 and 6 based devices including the BlackJack II. Enjoy.

Re: BJ2 Ringtones above 300kb - here's the EASIER version of the hack

243 of 252 (4,486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2009 7:01:04 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks, Sandspurious your the man. I got it working fine.
Thanks, Sandspurious your the man. I got it working fine.

Re: BJ2 Ringtones above 300kb - here's the EASIER version of the hack

244 of 252 (4,450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 9:47:30 AM
(0)
Contributor
how did you add the key back in and get the normal message saying Ring tone must be less than 300KB. because i all so deleted the key???
how did you add the key back in and get the normal message saying Ring tone must be less than 300KB. because i all so deleted the key???

245 of 252 (4,155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2009 1:19:16 AM
(0)
Scholar

Smoove08 wrote:

You can use this guide as an example of how to make a new registry key (in order to replace the one you deleted). The process is basically the same although the folders/ location will obviously be different. Use all of the information from the original key (for example, the exact name and location of the key). The original information should be available in the picture of the key being edited in the first guide I linked to in Message #243.

Smoove08 wrote:

You can use this guide as an example of how to make a new registry key (in order to replace the one you deleted). The process is basically the same although the folders/ location will obviously be different. Use all of the information from the original key (for example, the exact name and location of the key). The original information should be available in the picture of the key being edited in the first guide I linked to in Message #243.

246 of 252 (4,133 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2009 6:46:43 PM
(0)
Contributor
please explain the process for ringtones over 300kb I do not know what the Hkey is
please explain the process for ringtones over 300kb I do not know what the Hkey is

247 of 252 (3,589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2009 6:57:38 PM
(0)
Contributor
I found the detailed process for the ringtones I think I can get it done now.
I found the detailed process for the ringtones I think I can get it done now.

248 of 252 (3,587 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2009 9:57:01 PM
(0)
Contributor
i deleted it and mine also said that it must be below 0kb. but i dont have it anymore(cuz i deleted it), so that i may add it back. can someone please help ASAP Smiley Sad i cant have any ringtones now :'( :smileysad:
i deleted it and mine also said that it must be below 0kb. but i dont have it anymore(cuz i deleted it), so that i may add it back. can someone please help ASAP Smiley Sad i cant have any ringtones now :'( :smileysad:

249 of 252 (2,301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2009 10:36:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

nevermind. i looked at the thingy that u posted up there. and i fixed it. and i made the file size limit larger and it works Smiley Very Happy

nevermind. i looked at the thingy that u posted up there. and i fixed it. and i made the file size limit larger and it works Smiley Very Happy

250 of 252 (2,275 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2010 6:19:02 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by sacred_pharaoh on Feb 5, 2010 at 6:20:26 AM
hello, i'm not conncted to the internet through my blackjackII so I googled phm regedit i download it to my pc and copied it on to the blackjack. but i have a problem i can't see the file and when i search for it i see it but i can't open it. can anyone help me?
Message Edited by sacred_pharaoh on 02-05-2010 06:19:53 AM
Message Edited by sacred_pharaoh on 02-05-2010 06:20:26 AM
hello, i'm not conncted to the internet through my blackjackII so I googled phm regedit i download it to my pc and copied it on to the blackjack. but i have a problem i can't see the file and when i search for it i see it but i can't open it. can anyone help me?
Message Edited by sacred_pharaoh on 02-05-2010 06:19:53 AM
Message Edited by sacred_pharaoh on 02-05-2010 06:20:26 AM

[ Edited ]
251 of 252 (961 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2010 1:48:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

is this procedure done by data cable? and the registry edit program is running from the PC hard drive?

or

this procedure is done by copying the regedit program on the mobile telephone?and run from there?

is this procedure done by data cable? and the registry edit program is running from the PC hard drive?

or

this procedure is done by copying the regedit program on the mobile telephone?and run from there?

252 of 252 (697 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments