Blackberry to Used Iphone

Contributor

Blackberry to Used Iphone

I'm coming from a Blackberry 9700, and I recently bought a Iphone 4 off of Ebay (didn't want the 4S yet).

As I understand, you have to call ATT and let them know to switch over to an Iphone plan. Does this add another 2 year committment, etc? I was hoping to go on the Iphone 4 for a while and then eventually switch to the Iphone 5.

Thanks guys for the help!

Message 1 of 7 (620 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Blackberry to Used Iphone

shekkery wrote:

I'm coming from a Blackberry 9700, and I recently bought a Iphone 4 off of Ebay (didn't want the 4S yet).

As I understand, you have to call ATT and let them know to switch over to an Iphone plan. Does this add another 2 year committment, etc? I was hoping to go on the Iphone 4 for a while and then eventually switch to the Iphone 5.

Thanks guys for the help!

No, that will not add any commitment.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (608 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

2 year contract is only when you buy a phone at a discounted price.
Message 3 of 7 (605 Views)
Contributor

Thanks guys, appreciate the response!

Message 4 of 7 (601 Views)
Contributor

I had one more question (hopefully not too much of a pain).

The SIM I have isn't a Microsim I believe and the Iphone 4 uses a Microsim. How much does ATT normally charge to replace one to the other? Do I just go into the branch and do it?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 7 (577 Views)
Guru

All you have to do is go in and get a new one. More than likely they will just give you a new SIM but at the most $25.
Message 6 of 7 (564 Views)
Master

shekkery wrote:

I had one more question (hopefully not too much of a pain).

The SIM I have isn't a Microsim I believe and the Iphone 4 uses a Microsim. How much does ATT normally charge to replace one to the other? Do I just go into the branch and do it?

Thanks!

If AT&T won't give you a free SIM card I would save a few bucks by picking one up from eBay for about $5-10 shipped.
Message 7 of 7 (529 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support