Blackberry to Used Iphone

Contributor

Blackberry to Used Iphone

I'm coming from a Blackberry 9700, and I recently bought a Iphone 4 off of Ebay (didn't want the 4S yet).

As I understand, you have to call ATT and let them know to switch over to an Iphone plan. Does this add another 2 year committment, etc? I was hoping to go on the Iphone 4 for a while and then eventually switch to the Iphone 5.

Thanks guys for the help!

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Blackberry to Used Iphone

shekkery wrote:

I'm coming from a Blackberry 9700, and I recently bought a Iphone 4 off of Ebay (didn't want the 4S yet).

As I understand, you have to call ATT and let them know to switch over to an Iphone plan. Does this add another 2 year committment, etc? I was hoping to go on the Iphone 4 for a while and then eventually switch to the Iphone 5.

Thanks guys for the help!

No, that will not add any commitment.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Guru

2 year contract is only when you buy a phone at a discounted price.
Message 3 of 7
Contributor

Thanks guys, appreciate the response!

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

I had one more question (hopefully not too much of a pain).

The SIM I have isn't a Microsim I believe and the Iphone 4 uses a Microsim. How much does ATT normally charge to replace one to the other? Do I just go into the branch and do it?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
Guru

All you have to do is go in and get a new one. More than likely they will just give you a new SIM but at the most $25.
Message 6 of 7
Master

shekkery wrote:

I had one more question (hopefully not too much of a pain).

The SIM I have isn't a Microsim I believe and the Iphone 4 uses a Microsim. How much does ATT normally charge to replace one to the other? Do I just go into the branch and do it?

Thanks!

If AT&T won't give you a free SIM card I would save a few bucks by picking one up from eBay for about $5-10 shipped.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support