Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 12, 2012
6:18:49 PM
View profile
Blackberry to Used Iphone

I'm coming from a Blackberry 9700, and I recently bought a Iphone 4 off of Ebay (didn't want the 4S yet).

As I understand, you have to call ATT and let them know to switch over to an Iphone plan. Does this add another 2 year committment, etc? I was hoping to go on the Iphone 4 for a while and then eventually switch to the Iphone 5.

Thanks guys for the help!

I'm coming from a Blackberry 9700, and I recently bought a Iphone 4 off of Ebay (didn't want the 4S yet).

As I understand, you have to call ATT and let them know to switch over to an Iphone plan. Does this add another 2 year committment, etc? I was hoping to go on the Iphone 4 for a while and then eventually switch to the Iphone 5.

Blackberry to Used Iphone

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 7:32:50 PM
(0)
Former Employee

shekkery wrote:

No, that will not add any commitment.

shekkery wrote:

No, that will not add any commitment.

Re: Blackberry to Used Iphone

2 of 7 (588 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 7:46:13 PM
(0)
Guru
2 year contract is only when you buy a phone at a discounted price.
2 year contract is only when you buy a phone at a discounted price.

3 of 7 (585 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 8:58:54 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks guys, appreciate the response!

Thanks guys, appreciate the response!

4 of 7 (581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2012 11:26:14 AM
(0)
Contributor

I had one more question (hopefully not too much of a pain).

The SIM I have isn't a Microsim I believe and the Iphone 4 uses a Microsim. How much does ATT normally charge to replace one to the other? Do I just go into the branch and do it?

Thanks!

The SIM I have isn't a Microsim I believe and the Iphone 4 uses a Microsim. How much does ATT normally charge to replace one to the other? Do I just go into the branch and do it?

Thanks!

5 of 7 (557 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2012 4:04:02 PM
(0)
Guru
All you have to do is go in and get a new one. More than likely they will just give you a new SIM but at the most $25.
All you have to do is go in and get a new one. More than likely they will just give you a new SIM but at the most $25.

6 of 7 (544 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2012 5:30:15 AM
(0)
Master

shekkery wrote:

Thanks!

If AT&T won't give you a free SIM card I would save a few bucks by picking one up from eBay for about $5-10 shipped.

shekkery wrote:

Thanks!

If AT&T won't give you a free SIM card I would save a few bucks by picking one up from eBay for about $5-10 shipped.

7 of 7 (509 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments