Helpful Links

Blackberry Curve - setting the email alert only for specific subject heading?

Contributor

Blackberry Curve - setting the email alert only for specific subject heading?

Help!

I have a Blackberry Curve and I am not sure how to set the phone so that it alerts me only when I receive an email with a subject that has the word 'failed' (due to database work issues) in it or, if that is not possible, if I can get an special alert from a specific email address even though the handset is set on the quiet profile mode.

Message Edited by denisezuriel on 02-02-2008 07:41:14 PM
Message 1 of 3
Guru

Re: Blackberry Curve - setting the email alert only for specific subject heading?

denisezuriel wrote:
Help!

I have a Blackberry Curve and I am not sure how to set the phone so that it alerts me only when I receive an email with a subject that has the word 'failed' (due to database work issues) in it or, if that is not possible, if I can get an special alert from a specific email address even though the handset is set on the quiet profile mode.

Message Edited by denisezuriel on 02-02-2008 07:41:14 PM

I'm sorry, but that is not possible.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Blackberry Curve - setting the email alert only for specific subject heading?

This can be done using Filters in the Desktop Manager.

Open Email Settings and select the Filters tab. Add a new filter using the options you want, and check the box that says "Forward with Level 1 Notification". Then on the phone, edit the profiles to turn on notification for Level 1 Messages.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support