Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 2, 2008
4:40:01 PM
View profile
Blackberry Curve - setting the email alert only for specific subject heading?
Edited by denisezuriel on Feb 2, 2008 at 4:41:14 PM
Help!

I have a Blackberry Curve and I am not sure how to set the phone so that it alerts me only when I receive an email with a subject that has the word 'failed' (due to database work issues) in it or, if that is not possible, if I can get an special alert from a specific email address even though the handset is set on the quiet profile mode.

Message Edited by denisezuriel on 02-02-2008 07:41:14 PM
Help!

I have a Blackberry Curve and I am not sure how to set the phone so that it alerts me only when I receive an email with a subject that has the word 'failed' (due to database work issues) in it or, if that is not possible, if I can get an special alert from a specific email address even though the handset is set on the quiet profile mode.

Blackberry Curve - setting the email alert only for specific subject heading?

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2008 4:41:59 PM
(0)
Guru

denisezuriel wrote:
Help!

I'm sorry, but that is not possible.

denisezuriel wrote:
Help!

I'm sorry, but that is not possible.

Re: Blackberry Curve - setting the email alert only for specific subject heading?

2 of 3 (7,588 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2008 7:07:06 AM
(0)
Professor
This can be done using Filters in the Desktop Manager.

Open Email Settings and select the Filters tab. Add a new filter using the options you want, and check the box that says "Forward with Level 1 Notification". Then on the phone, edit the profiles to turn on notification for Level 1 Messages.
This can be done using Filters in the Desktop Manager.

Open Email Settings and select the Filters tab. Add a new filter using the options you want, and check the box that says "Forward with Level 1 Notification". Then on the phone, edit the profiles to turn on notification for Level 1 Messages.

Re: Blackberry Curve - setting the email alert only for specific subject heading?

3 of 3 (7,522 Views)