Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 20, 2011
5:29:05 PM
View profile
Blackberry Curve 9300 error "uncaught exception: java.lang.Error." Fb not working

So I just got this phone today and was getting all the updates for the apps I was planning on using. After updating the Facebook app (to version 2.0.0.45) it wouldn't launch. I decided to uninstall and reinstall to see if that would fix the problem. It didn't, and now I don't have the icon for Facebook at all. I've tried uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, rebooting and several other things and nothing seems to be working. Does anyone else have the same problem and does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

So I just got this phone today and was getting all the updates for the apps I was planning on using. After updating the Facebook app (to version 2.0.0.45) it wouldn't launch. I decided to uninstall and reinstall to see if that would fix the problem. It didn't, and now I don't have the icon for Facebook at all. I've tried uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, rebooting and several other things and nothing seems to be working. Does anyone else have the same problem and does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Blackberry Curve 9300 error "uncaught exception: java.lang.Error." Fb not working

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2011 10:37:28 PM
(0)
Mentor
I dont use the Facebook app but a couple ideas come to mind.
How are you trying to install the app? Via Appworld, Desktop Manager or other?
Have you tried backing up the phone, wiping the device, then reloading your saved data?
I dont use the Facebook app but a couple ideas come to mind.
How are you trying to install the app? Via Appworld, Desktop Manager or other?
Have you tried backing up the phone, wiping the device, then reloading your saved data?

Re: Blackberry Curve 9300 error "uncaught exception: java.lang.Error." Fb not working

2 of 2 (901 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments