Blackberry Curve 8520 Keeps muting and wont come off

Contributor

Blackberry Curve 8520 Keeps muting and wont come off

I have a blackberry Curve 8520 and it keeps going to "mute" and when someone calls in my phone does not ring.  The profile says it's on Normal still, so I will try to switch to Loud and still nothing.  The only way for me to take mute off is to take the battery off and reset the phone.  I have looked into all of the sound area's and cant find a mute anywhere, can someone please help me and tell me what I am doing to cause this and how to fix it.  thank you

Message 1 of 3 (834 Views)
Mentor

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 Keeps muting and wont come off

I have a Bold 9000, and it was doing what I think is the same thing. I just wouldn't make any ring noise. I even went into the page where you can browse the ring tones on the phone and playing them there produced no sound. We tried pulling the battery and it didn't help. What we finally did was to do a Alt + Right Shift + Del to reboot the phone and that solved it. We just upgraded to the most current firmware for the Bold 9000 and after a few days, haven't seen the problem yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Message 2 of 3 (819 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 Keeps muting and wont come off

BB curve 8520. when i am on my phone people can hear me but i cant hear them. What could be the problem?? 

Message 3 of 3 (535 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.