Blackberry Curve 8320?

Contributor

Blackberry Curve 8320?

I really want one of these, but T-Mobile's network coverage is just terrible.  Will this model ever be available through AT&T? If so, when?

Thanks,
Sam
Message 1 of 12 (5,332 Views)
Master

Re: Blackberry Curve 8320?

sam.pearson wrote:
I really want one of these, but T-Mobile's network coverage is just terrible.  Will this model ever be available through AT&T? If so, when?

Thanks,
Sam

You can possibly get the phone, and then have it unlocked. Then use it on AT&T's network. 
Message 2 of 12 (5,332 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]
You can use the T-Mobile version on AT&T if you get it unlocked by TM. However some features will not be available for use on the AT&T network.

As for when AT&T will get one compatible to the 8320, your guess is as good as ours.

EDIT: I was typing as he was posting! LOL

Message Edited by TNgal22 on 12-20-2007 01:06:35 PM
Message 3 of 12 (5,329 Views)
Professor

The 8310 and 8320 are identical except that the 8310 has GPS and the 8320 has WiFi. Personally I'd rather have the built-in GPS since I have no need for WiFi.
Message 4 of 12 (5,318 Views)
Contributor

But with Wi-Fi, I can make unlimited calls from a Wi-Fi connection for around $20/month... which is awesome.
Message 5 of 12 (5,306 Views)
Tutor

don't be to sure about that, unless i have been lied to, i can not connet to medianet, get mms text or send then, window live messenger or  yahoo messenge either. I  have the 8320 from tmobile that is curently unlock in order for me to use att service. If someone know wiser please do tell. i also have the 39.99 blackberry data plan that have the 1500 txt, mms etc.
Message 6 of 12 (5,242 Views)
Contributor

I currently am using the 8320 with att service and am happy with it so far. However you will not be able to make calls over the wifi, that is a tmobile service only, att does not offer it. In my opinion its worth it to have the wifi anyway considdering I don't have to pay for a data plan...
Message 7 of 12 (5,171 Views)
Contributor

Hi, I have an unlocked Curve 8320 from T-Mobile.  Are you able to use the Blackberry services with Cingular?  If so, how did you do it?

Thanks

Guillermo
Message 8 of 12 (5,115 Views)
Contributor

wcan you be more specific (eg. which services?)
Message 9 of 12 (5,107 Views)
Tutor

Hi - So you are saying that you can use many of the features on the BBerry 8320 without subscribing to the data plan due to the built in wifi?

I am looking at buying an 8320 if AT&T does not offer it by end of Q1.  I was at one of the stores today and asked if they were going to get it and the kid that worked there (he was slightly clueless) told me that they are going to add about 10 new phones in Q1 and that the 8320 was going to be one of there.  He didn't sound too sure about it as he was telling me, so we will see.
Message 10 of 12 (4,572 Views)
Contributor

I just bought an unlocked BB8320 also.  While I like the functionality, I am a little disappointed that I am unable to send or receive picture messages.  Did you get your configured for this or are you just not interested in the option?  If you did, what do I need to do?
Message 11 of 12 (1,270 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Aas with all blackberry devices, you have to have a data plan in order to send or recieve picture messages. its annoying, and i dont like it, because I pay for the unlimited text and picture messaging package offered through att and i cant send or recieve picture messages. its disappointing, but you can look into either having them unlock your data connection to where you can pay bit kb of data or you can add a cheap 10 dollar data plan if you dont send too many.
Message 12 of 12 (1,227 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.