Posted Mar 10, 2012
12:24:05 PM
Blackberry Curve 8310 and 2 GB data plan

Hello, I had an iPhone 4 with a 2 GB/month data plan. The screen got destroyed so I was forced to swtich phones. I got a Blackberry Curve 8310 from a friend to borrow until I get a new screen for my iPhone.

When I try to use any app that requires data, it says that I have to upgrade my data plan. I already have a 2 GB data plan so that shouldn't be the problem. anyone know what the problem is?

Hello, I had an iPhone 4 with a 2 GB/month data plan. The screen got destroyed so I was forced to swtich phones. I got a Blackberry Curve 8310 from a friend to borrow until I get a new screen for my iPhone.

When I try to use any app that requires data, it says that I have to upgrade my data plan. I already have a 2 GB data plan so that shouldn't be the problem. anyone know what the problem is?

Blackberry Curve 8310 and 2 GB data plan

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2012 3:20:10 PM
(0)
Mentor

I think you still have the iPhone data plan. You need to switch to a Blackberry compatible plan. You should still be able to keep your 2gb data plan though.

I think you still have the iPhone data plan. You need to switch to a Blackberry compatible plan. You should still be able to keep your 2gb data plan though.

Re: Blackberry Curve 8310 and 2 GB data plan

2 of 5 (1,063 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2012 5:37:03 AM
(0)
Professor

You may have to call CS to get the plan switched. You'll need to give them the IMEI number of the BB. When your iPhone is fixed, call again and have it changed back.

You may have to call CS to get the plan switched. You'll need to give them the IMEI number of the BB. When your iPhone is fixed, call again and have it changed back.

3 of 5 (1,042 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2012 7:10:16 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks for the replies. I restored the Blackberry OS and reinstalled my apps. I don't have any problems other than with the facebook app still pestering me to upgrade my data service. I think it may be a bug within the app itself.

My data plan is just a smartphone plan and not an iPhone specific plan. I had the 200 MB plan but upgraded to 2 GB plan maybe three months ago so that shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe my best bet is to contact RIM who developed the facebook app for Blackberry and see what the problem may be.
Thanks for the replies. I restored the Blackberry OS and reinstalled my apps. I don't have any problems other than with the facebook app still pestering me to upgrade my data service. I think it may be a bug within the app itself.

My data plan is just a smartphone plan and not an iPhone specific plan. I had the 200 MB plan but upgraded to 2 GB plan maybe three months ago so that shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe my best bet is to contact RIM who developed the facebook app for Blackberry and see what the problem may be.

4 of 5 (1,031 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2012 6:34:40 AM
(0)
Mentor

Keep in mind that with a blackberry smart phone, you must have a blackberry-specific data plan, not just any data plan.

Contact customer service for help.

Keep in mind that with a blackberry smart phone, you must have a blackberry-specific data plan, not just any data plan.

Contact customer service for help.

5 of 5 (1,025 Views)