Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 3, 2008
10:56:39 AM
View profile
Blackberry Curve 8310 & Media Manager
I have tried everything I can think of and everything I have read on multiple forum sites (including blackberry.com and roxio.com) to try to get the Media Manager to recognize my Blackberry 8310 to no avail. I have downloaded and reinstalled and wiped and reinstalled all flavors of the desktop manager (the version that came with my blackberry 4.2, the version suggested in these forums elsewhere 4.2 SP2, and even 4.3) and it still won't recognized my blackberry from the media manager (roxio... who chose that piece of poo software application should be fired by RIM).

I tried it on two different PCs running windows xp home (all the latest patches and sercurity fixes) and the same problem persists. I don't have a microSD memory card, but the blackberry is new and has no other thirdparty software apps or images or emails stored on the device... fresh out of the box the memory manager does not recognize the device.

I can sync it with my email and calender and my address book and the rest of the desktop manager syncs work just great... it is just that darn Media Manager... any advice (other than deleting my previous install including program files and folders and reinstalling i mean).
I have tried everything I can think of and everything I have read on multiple forum sites (including blackberry.com and roxio.com) to try to get the Media Manager to recognize my Blackberry 8310 to no avail. I have downloaded and reinstalled and wiped and reinstalled all flavors of the desktop manager (the version that came with my blackberry 4.2, the version suggested in these forums elsewhere 4.2 SP2, and even 4.3) and it still won't recognized my blackberry from the media manager (roxio... who chose that piece of poo software application should be fired by RIM).

I tried it on two different PCs running windows xp home (all the latest patches and sercurity fixes) and the same problem persists. I don't have a microSD memory card, but the blackberry is new and has no other thirdparty software apps or images or emails stored on the device... fresh out of the box the memory manager does not recognize the device.

I can sync it with my email and calender and my address book and the rest of the desktop manager syncs work just great... it is just that darn Media Manager... any advice (other than deleting my previous install including program files and folders and reinstalling i mean).

Blackberry Curve 8310 & Media Manager

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2008 11:25:41 AM
(0)
Professor
Does it give you an error? Or does it just not open?

If the Media Manager opens, your computer is at the top half of the screen and the bottom half is the blackberry. I believe you need to have the third or fouth tab on the left side clicked, that is the device. At least that is how mine looks.
Does it give you an error? Or does it just not open?

If the Media Manager opens, your computer is at the top half of the screen and the bottom half is the blackberry. I believe you need to have the third or fouth tab on the left side clicked, that is the device. At least that is how mine looks.

Re: Blackberry Curve 8310 & Media Manager

2 of 7 (8,201 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2008 12:01:41 PM
(0)
Professor
When you connect the BB you should be prompted to turn on Mass Storage Mode. Mass Storage Mode has to be on before Media Manager will see it.
When you connect the BB you should be prompted to turn on Mass Storage Mode. Mass Storage Mode has to be on before Media Manager will see it.

3 of 7 (8,193 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2008 12:12:17 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Badmex66 on Jan 3, 2008 at 12:20:23 PM
No error... the bottom half of the media manager just says: There is no device connected. Please connect your device to see its contents.

I was never given an option to view my device as a mass storage device ( i don't have a sd memory card installed).

As you can see from the screen shot, the device tabs is open, but the device doesn't actually show up in the MY DEVICES area... Anyone have anything?

Message Edited by Badmex66 on 01-03-2008 10:20:23 AM
No error... the bottom half of the media manager just says: There is no device connected. Please connect your device to see its contents.

I was never given an option to view my device as a mass storage device ( i don't have a sd memory card installed).

As you can see from the screen shot, the device tabs is open, but the device doesn't actually show up in the MY DEVICES area... Anyone have anything?

Message Edited by Badmex66 on 01-03-2008 10:20:23 AM

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (8,187 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2008 7:42:52 PM
(0)
Contributor
Help.   The same thing is happening to me too. 
Help.   The same thing is happening to me too. 

5 of 7 (7,707 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2008 3:36:09 AM
(0)
Guru
Without a micro sd memory card, the device's storage space is very limited. I had this same 'problem' you describe until I bought the extra memory card. This is also how you get the option to enable mass storage.
Without a micro sd memory card, the device's storage space is very limited. I had this same 'problem' you describe until I bought the extra memory card. This is also how you get the option to enable mass storage.

6 of 7 (7,677 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2008 2:51:18 PM
(0)
Scholar
i  reccomend avoid using media on your blackberry unless you have a media card.
i  reccomend avoid using media on your blackberry unless you have a media card.

7 of 7 (7,553 Views)